*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/772891-Oh-So-Tired
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#772891 added January 27, 2013 at 7:04pm
Restrictions: None
Oh So Tired
I woke up in the middle of the night as the wind outside was howling and when I looked through the curtains I could actually see a green lawn. It looked most odd after such a long time of being covered in the white stuff. I do hope that's the end of it now although there are still patches hanging around.

On the strength of the better conditions I thought I'd take a walk today to fetch a few bits and post a letter to my sister. I'm hoping she'll be coming over for a couple of days next week, which will be a welcome relief from the humdrum and pressures of late, but thought if I posted the letter today, she may receive it before she sets off on Wednesday.

Much as it was far easier underfoot it was still very unpleasant and mixed weather out there. Bright but low sunshine made it difficult to see, yet at the same time it was pouring with rain. Very strong winds made it almost impossible to keep up the hood on my coat and it was bitterly cold. Traffic on the main road opposite the postbox I was heading for was exceedingly busy for a Sunday morning and I was left standing in the inclement conditions for quite a time waiting to cross the road.

It was at the exact moment I let go of the letter and heard it plop to the bottom of the postbox that it dawned on me I hadn't put a stamp on the letter. *Blush* So now I'm thinking either sis won't get it or she'll receive notification there's a letter to collect from the post office her end and inflated postage to pay so she can collect it. Some days I swear my last brain cell is about to expire.

In other news hubby is doing okay, but still limited by only having sight in one eye and soreness from the skin grafting. He's eating for England however and I'm gaining the weight. I have very painful joints in my hands so typing, knitting, writing and most household tasks are proving difficult. I hope it's only a temporary blip due to the cold weather. Had a mammoth Playdoh session with the grandmonsters today which didn't help, but they do make me laugh. Angel made a zoo, Dylan made a family of sharks and I produced a litter of multi coloured cats. The carpet and tablecloth are also many different shades, but that can wait until tomorrow. Colours are most welcome after all that white stuff.

Hubby returns to hospital on Wednesday to have his patch removed and hopefully he will no longer be Captain Cooper as the kids have christened him. I'm not sure how much damage and scarring there will be, but it's not too important in the great scheme of things. At least his vision has not been affected and it will be another step forward on the road to recovery. We may even get to have our unhumbug next weekend. All those sprouts. *Sick*

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/772891-Oh-So-Tired