*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/773071-Serial-Experience-Part-1---In-the-beginning
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#773071 added January 29, 2013 at 12:01pm
Restrictions: None
Serial Experience: Part 1 - In the beginning
The January 29, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Serial Experience Prompt: PART ONE - Teach me a LESSON in two parts. The rules are simple: this is an open blog prompt where you can blog about any life experience you desire. The kicker is that it has to be in TWO parts (cliffhangers are recommended and encouraged - make me want to read more!) Open with a problem, take me through your experience dealing with said problem, and end with the lesson you learned (however philosophical or ordinary it may be).

In the beginning, not the beginning of the Universe, the Milky Way Galaxy, or the Earth; but in the beginning of me. Actually my story begins before I was born. Anyway, as I was writing, in the beginning two people met, fell in love, got married, and had sex (this is how I was informed that it went). Eventually I was conceived and nine months later on December 24, 1946 at 11 minutes before midnight I was born in a hospital delivery room in Blackwell, Oklahoma.

I have a birth certificate to prove that I was born. Apparently, in modern civilization an individual needs a birth certificate to prove that he or she was born and a death certificate to prove death. If one have neither then I guess the person or the person's soul is consigned to wander aimlessly between matter and spirit. As it was once believed the spirits of the unburied wandered, which way why sailors begin wearing gold earrings. If a sailor died at sea then when his body washed onto shore he could receive a proper burial.

What, you may ask, does this have to do with my serial experience? The answer is simple or complicated depending on one's point of view, this is how my serial experience began. You see, I was born into Christian society and a Southern Baptist Family. I was born on Christmas Eve the day before one of the holiest days of the year. I was born in a town that, at the time, was referred to as a sundown town (and the reference has nothing to do with vampires or zombies). I was also born with a mission in life, the desire to ask questions, and an intuition that has prevented me from doing too many stupid things that would get me killed before I completed my life's mission.

Thought for the Day: “Our bodies have five senses: touch, smell, taste, sight, hearing. But not to be overlooked are the senses of our souls: intuition, peace, foresight, trust, empathy. The differences between people lie in their use of these senses; most people don't know anything about the inner senses while a few people rely on them just as they rely on their physical senses, and in fact probably even more.” - ― C. JoyBell C.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/773071-Serial-Experience-Part-1---In-the-beginning