*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/773632-Forty-days-and-one-dog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#773632 added February 2, 2013 at 1:56pm
Restrictions: None
Forty days and one dog
This is the beginning of a forty day attempt to build a new habit. I will write daily (something) in this blog.

I have read more than one article suggesting that forty days has a weight of significance. Trying to create a new habit, or break an old one? Carry out the new plan daily for at least 40 days. I'm going to believe that's true. I also notice that it has been forty days since I last wrote into this blog. By the end of this forty day trial, it will be nearly "the Ides of March." My high school English teacher will appreciate that I remember that tidbit from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.

It would be interesting to see what else I can notice comes and goes in a forty day cycle. I already have a coincidental relationship with that amount of time. My daughter was born about 6 weeks before Christmas, and my son's birthday follows six weeks after the holiday. Perhaps it goes back further, as I was born premature, and may have only spent about 200 days gestating (5 times 40).

Silly, I know I play with numbers in illogical, not really wanting to prove anything, wanderings. Love music, probably will never compose it, but enjoy playing with it in a cerebral, deconstructionist way. I can play something if I want, by ear. I like mimicry, and I do not mind vocal practice. But I still have a resistance to learning to play within a format that is systematic and ultimately relies on muscle memory (i.e., where musical instruments are concerned, this to me is Practice, with a capital P). I wonder if anyone else has this type of mind, and that problem?

So, maybe I have the same aversion to typing into my blog daily? I'm not sure I believe that. Although, I haven't written into a hand-written journal, like I used to, either. My keyboard could use a good cleaning right away, however. I do know I'm tired of its stiff 'n' stuckness.

I will also begin nudging more snatches of daily writing out of myself to actually finish up big projects.

And prayer, that needs to burn again every morning too. Even if it's for my one dog that seems to be suffering with bouts of arthritis in the morning. I do not know what dogs "think," but before he has that daily medicine, he looks at me like he's thinking he's going to die. Both my husband and I were giving him plenty of comfort this morning.

So, that's it. This morning's fit is over, both for dog and writer.

© Copyright 2013 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/773632-Forty-days-and-one-dog