*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/774671-First-Date
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1917452
My Blog for a special Valentine's Day Contest
#774671 added February 12, 2013 at 8:50am
Restrictions: None
First Date
Our pharoah banner

You want to know about my first date?

Oh no! That's embarrassing, because it took so long for it to happen.

Well, it could be worse. You could have asked me this question just a few years ago. I remember when I was Freshman in college, we were doing a sort of ice breaker where we had to go around and give one word to describe our first date. One boy said jokingly, "It's next week." The leader laughed and said, "You're in trouble." For me that wasn't a joke; it was true, except that my first date wasn't next week or even next year. When it was my turn to give a word, I said, "Undescribable", which got a few laughs.

Anyway, I had just about given up on dates when I got my job teaching in Ecuador. Maybe, flying south of the equator reversed my luck with women, because the first day that I was there, I found myself locked out of the school where I was supposed to report for work and a young girl who had been a student and at the school came by and asked me if I needed help. I explained my problem and she helped me contact the school officials. A few days later, she came by the school again she said to see how I was doing. We went for a walk and talked a little in a combination of Spanish and English. Somewhere along the line, she asked me if I had a girlfriend. I said, no but something about the question gave me courage. I asked her if she had a boyfriend. She said no. For a moment, I wasn't sure if I should do this, but I took a deep breath and asked, "Would you like to go out on a date?

And you know what happened?

She said, "Yes".

I couldn't believe it. I had a date!

I had a date.
I had a date.
I had a date.

I don't even remember where we ended up going. I think it was to see the smurf movie. (Smurfs are called Pitufos in Spanish, but that has nothing to do with this story.)

Oh well. I wonder what the next prompt will be. If the prompts keep going in the direction they've been going, we're going to be writing XGC material before the end of the week.


The King Signature

Our pharoah banner

© Copyright 2013 Weirdone-Back in the games (UN: weirdone28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Weirdone-Back in the games has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/774671-First-Date