*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/774683-The-Beginning
by Ridley
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fanfiction · #1918974
A Hogwarts Love Story.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#774683 added February 14, 2013 at 5:48am
Restrictions: None
The Beginning
Chapter One - The Beginning



'Are you sure that she's the one, milord?'



'Yes.'



'How do you know?'



'Does it matter?'



It was the twelfth of July of the year 1981, and Tom Riddle, now known as Voldemort, was staring through the window of a house in rural London. Standing next to him was his right-hand man, Lucius Malfoy, a man with white-blond hair and a pale pointed face. He was staring at his master curiously.



'No, of course not. But, milord-' he began.



'Silence, Lucius!' Voldermort hissed.



Lucius closed his mouth immediately at the command, and instead looked through the window at the scene in which his master was watching intently. It was that of a young brunette woman, most likely in her late twenties, who was entertaining the young girl on her lap by transforming the appearance of her nose. First a snout, then a trunk, followed by a beak. The baby was giggling furiously, her cheeks pink and eyes bright in delight at the woman's entertainment. Voldemort sighed.



'Such a shame this scene can only last a little while longer,' he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.



'Milord, if you don't mind me asking. What exactly is it you're planning to do?' Lucius asked.



Voldemort paused for thought.



'You see the baby, Lucius? She came to me in a dream, but not as a baby. She came to me as a sixteen year old girl. She told me that I had killed her mother and taken her as a baby. She then said that I had brought her up as my own and taught her the dark arts. She said she played a major role in bringing me to power and without her, I would be defeated.'



Lucius stared disbelievingly. 'And... you believe this?'



'Of course I do. Why would I be here otherwise?'



'But, milord...' Lucius argued. 'It was just a dream. It could have meant nothing.'



'But it also could mean everything, Lucius,' Voldedmort responded. 'And at a time like this, we cannot afford to take chances.'



'So, the woman is her mother? And you plan to kill her and steal the child?' Lucius asked finally, accepting defeat.



'...Obviously.'



'So... why haven't you done it already?'



'Because,' Voldemort stood up straight. 'I have high respect for pure bloods and as both of them are, I shall let them have one last happy moment before the woman dies.' A cruel smile formed on his mouth.



At this, Lucius was silent. He and Voldemort continued to watch the pair as the minutes wore on and then, the clock struck ten. On the last chime, Voldemort turned to Lucius.



'It is time,' he said curtly.



Voldemort took one last look at the scene which befell him, before striding towards the front door of the house. He raised his wand, but was stopped by Lucius.



'Allow me, milord,' he said.



Voldemort narrowed his eyes a little, before he slowly lowered his wand. 'Very well.'



Lucius cleared his throat and raised his wand, before blasting open the front door. The lights in the hall went out immediately, and he and Voldemort heard the woman scream from the neighboring room. As they strode across the threshold, they heard the woman enter the hallway. Through the darkness they could see her wand was aloft.



'Who's there? she said, her voice trembling. 'I warn you, I'm armed!'



Voldemort illuminated his wand, flooding the hallway with a ghostly white light.



The woman's face alighted with terror, yet she did not move from where she was stood.



'What do you want?' she asked, her words much braver than her voice.



'I want the girl,' Voldemort said commandingly.



'Why?'



'Give her to me.'



'Never.'



'Avada kedavra!'



Voldemort wasted no time hesitating whether to kill the woman. The room was filled with a blinding green light as the curse hit the female, and she thudded to the floor, dead, as her wand rolled out of her hand. Tom smiled maliciously. He kicked her lifeless body aside then made his way to the living room. The baby girl was sitting in the center of the room, sucking her thumb and looking at Tom curiously. He sneered and lifted her up in his arms, before studying her carefully. Her hair was changing between shades of red, which meant she was obviously a metamorphmagus like her mother. Good, Voldemort thought. That would mean she would be useful with disguises. Lucius walked into the room.



'What is her name to be, milord?'



Voldemort hadn't thought of that. He turned slowly to Lucius before walking over and shoving the girl in his arms. Lucius stumbled slightly at the sudden move, and looked at his master curiously.



'What do you think she should be called, Lucius?' Voldemort asked simply.



'Well...' Lucius frowned. 'Narcissa has always wanted a girl named Ridley, which means "little turtle", I think it was...'



Voldemort nodded once. 'That will be acceptable.'



'Where will we take her?' Lucius questioned.



'To your house, Lucius. I'm sure you and Narcissa can take care of her while I do my, uh... duties...' Voldemort's eyes glinted maliciously.



'Yes, milord.'



'I'm sure she will be another wonderful addition to your family. Tell me, how is your son?'



'Uh, fine as far as I know,' Lucius replied, confused at his master's sudden interest in his son, and only child, Draco.



'Very well, let us make our way to yours, Lucius, and introduce my new "daughter" to Narcissa. I'm sure she will be most pleased. She has always wanted a daughter in the family, has she not?' said Tom, dropping the subject of Draco as quickly as he had begun.



Lucius mumbled something about Narcissa and sent a Patronus, obviously containing the news of Ridley.



Tom gave Lucius a meaningful look and the both of them disapparated with Ridley in tow and appeared at the Malfoy's wrought iron gates. After a few moments, they saw Narcissa Malfoy running through the front door outside to where her husband and master were waiting. When she had made her way to the gates, she was breathless.



'Is this the girl, milord?' she asked.



'Yes, I have given you and Lucius the duty of looking after her. I do not want to be slowed down by a mere child.'



Narcissa's face was flooded with delight. 'Milord, thank you. Thank you!'



Lucius handed Ridley to her, as his master looked at him meaningfully.



'Are you aware of what Severus told me a few weeks ago?' he asked.



'You mean, the prophecy?'



'Yes.'



'What about it, milord?'



'Wormtail has informed me of the Potter's location. I am to go there tomorrow night and kill the boy. In the unlikely event that I do not succeed, I ask you this: You are to bring up Ridley as though she were my own child, you will teach her everything you know, and finally, It is important that her and Draco do not fall in love. That is the most important one. Do you understand?'



'Yes, milord. But, why-?'



'Do not question me Lucius, just do as I say.' There was a note of urgency in his voice.



'Of course, my Lord,' said Lucius, backing away.



'Good. Now, take Ridley inside, and remember what I have instructed.'



Narcissa rushed away, cooing at Ridley. Tom turned back to Lucius.



'Goodbye, Lucius,' he said, and with that, he disapparated once again. Lucius stood, looking at the place where his master had vanished and after a few moments, he turned and followed his wife inside.
© Copyright 2013 Ridley (UN: ridley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ridley has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/774683-The-Beginning