*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776127-This-ones-about-the-struggle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#776127 added February 26, 2013 at 6:49pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the struggle.
30DBC PROMPT: "All men consider themselves to be smarter than women. That is their great tragedy. All women allow them. That is theirs. What are your opinions on this? Do you think this applies to your life as well? If yes, is it correct? And if not, have you ever seen anybody treated as this."

Hey folks. That's quite a prompt we've got today. I never feel like there's one solid right answer whenever this topic comes up. It always feels like no matter what, someone is gonna get offended, someone's gonna take something outta context, or general pissiness will ensue. Allow me to tell you a little secret about me to break the ice.

I'm not one of "all men"...I don't think I'm any smarter than women.

True story, bro. I know a lot of women are smarter than me. What I'm really saying is that I'm smart enough to admit it.

Add these to your list of gender-defining myths: I read owners' manuals, I stop and ask for directions, I put the toilet seat down, I'm not afraid to show emotion, I can cook a decent meal, and I don't need to hold on to the remote control while watching tv. But these are all the basis of rants for a better time. I'll do my best to address the matter at hand.

I'm gonna struggle to further explain myself. Here goes...I don't need to bore you with the bad choices I've made, many of which came against the greater wisdom of women in my life. And sure, while final say comes down to me on matters that pertain to me, it's not like I do it blindly. I consult when necessary, and often if possible. I'm not above taking a woman's advice as long as it makes sense.

Sorry y'all...I'm having a hard time pretending the phrase "all men" doesn't rub me the wrong way.

Ahem. Let me try to reboot this discussion. I'm not religious, at all, but if there is a higher power, it's a woman. I'm not gonna spit facts and data because I don't have any, nor is it necessary. It's my opinion, however, that women are more organized and often more sensical. Women are nurturing. Hell, women are trusted to put life into this world! Men couldn't handle that responsibility. I know I couldn't! I'd be afraid of screwing that job up somehow, thinking I could do it myself and ending up needing thousands of dollars' worth of extra work done to cover my ass.

Everything that is beautiful comes from women. That sentence sounds familiar to me. I don't know if I read it somewhere once or heard it in a song or what, but I believe it. Again, I think I'm missing the point.

I think we need to stop worrying about who's smarter, and learn how to live with each other for who we are. Play to each strength and help with every weakness. Makes sense to me, but I'm just a guy, so what do I know?

MUSICAL BREAK!!

I think this can sum up a lot of things: "Everyone's afraid of their own life."



VITAL STATS:

*Document* I'm pleased to announce a slight change in the way things'll be done around here soon. Nothing big or major, and nothing that isn't being done elsewhere. It's just that after 300+ entries, it's time to tweak a little.

*Watch* And on the heels of that news, tomorrow's likely going to be my last entry for a couple days. I'm not sure how I'll be feeling after surgery on Thursday and how comfortable I'll be in getting around. I'd like to guess I'll be back by Monday, but no promises. Of course, I might decide I'm bored and be back this coming Saturday. I have no idea. Guess we'll see. I just don't wanna fall too far behind in an official "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS month.

Ok...I'm off to do things of lesser importance. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776127-This-ones-about-the-struggle