*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776653-March-5th--Wow-the-month-is-slipping-away-already
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1918671
O'siyo Oginalii Tsilugi - Hello friends - Welcome - to My first blog. A place to share.
#776653 added March 5, 2013 at 2:33pm
Restrictions: None
March 5th- Wow, the month is slipping away already
I thought about todays prompt all night last night. My childhood was normal, just like any other kid, I suppose. Sitting this morning, drinking my coffee and talking with my husband, two of the most fondest memories and what made them so special came to mind...SO, instead of

Naming five things in your childhood that you wish all children could experience


I want to share my favorite two


I remember growing up and my parents always took us camping. We went to several national parks over the years but my favorite was Sequoia National Park. On each camping trip, the first night was always mama's campfire chili night - simple to make- but is it ever good! There was an amphitheater there in the Lodge pole camp grounds and every Friday night the park rangers would put on a slide show about the park, ranging from wildlife to flowers to the natural wonders that could be found there. I loved it and I can still see the huge bonfire that they built for the show. I carried the camping trip throughout my children's childhoods and I still make mama's campfire chili- it has become required at family gatherings *Smile*

My, father was a teacher and was working on his PhD during the summer as well. Following the camping trip, we would travel to Provo, Utah where he would attend summer classes at BYU. Being a teen, I wanted something to do so I attended summer school. There I met Teri Ann, Cathy, and Barbara. I can't remember why Cathy and Barbara were there that summer but Teri Ann lived in Orem, Utah, Cathy was from Las Vegas and Barbara was from Idaho and of course me from CA. Talk about a foursome - sure had fun and of course got into typical teenage mischief.-We met there every summer thereafter for years at least 3 or 4 and through out the years we kept in touch. I still talk with Teri Ann, Barbara has since past away and I am not sure about Cathy.

These memories and what grew out of them are most precious to me

Kristina

© Copyright 2013 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776653-March-5th--Wow-the-month-is-slipping-away-already