*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777209-Free-Day-Coming-out--of-a-Mental-Fog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#777209 added March 10, 2013 at 3:06pm
Restrictions: None
Free Day: Coming out of a Mental Fog
The March 10, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
FREE DAY ~ Today's a free day without a prompt, so blog on whatever your heart desires and have an awesome day! *Smile*

I am emerging from a one day mental fog. Saturday, March 9, 2013 was a lost day and a dark foggy day (this has nothing to do with the weather in Las Vegas). I am writing this in order to remember what I did last week, but especially yesterday. I know I made a blog entry on Saturday, but I did not write much of anything else. I think I made an entry in Writing My Spiritual Journey, I will have to check to make sure. I did not review yesterday.

the fog is lifting
or slowly dissipating
memory returns

What else did I do Saturday? I took the trashcan and the recyclable bins to the curb, I fixed me a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches, I opened a bottle of grape juice, I made fresh coffee, I payed pyramid, and I played mahjoung. At least, I think I played those two games, I know I was depressed and when I am depressed the only thing I want to do is pay some type of game on the computer. I know playing those game do not help the depression or accomplishing anything.

a bright sunny day
the wind is blowing tree limbs
my fog is lifting

What did I do last week? On Wednesday I went to my grief counseling meeting; actually I made myself go even though I did not want to take the time. I am glad I went because I was given a hand made small blanket. For the past few months I have found myself covering my head when I lay down. The hand made blanket is crocheted and I can put it over my head and still breath. I am 66 years old and I now have the security blanket I never wanted as a child. I think I am going to give my blanket a name. Writing about the blanket brightened my day, I cannot help but laugh at the fact that at my age I want and need a security blanket. Maybe it has something to do with my mother's death.

What did I do last week? On Thursday, I went to Barns & Noble to spend a gift certificate a friend sent me. I bought The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion and the March edition of The Oprah Magazine. I have read two chapter in the book and gotten a poem idea from one of the headlines on the front of the magazine. I also picked up a loaf of free bread that day, but I did not get much else accomplished. That is about all I can remember from last week except writing, washing the dishes, washing the clothes, and doing some housework.

What am I going to do this week? Keep notes on blog entries that I find intriguing and a list of accomplishments. I am also going to read a couple of more chapters in Joan Didion's book and an article in the magazine.


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777209-Free-Day-Coming-out--of-a-Mental-Fog