*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777488-This-ones-about-walking
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#777488 added March 13, 2013 at 5:28pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about walking.
30DBC PROMPT: "Where do you go when you just want to 'Get Away'?"

What's up folks? Somethin' new for me over here. I'm gonna try to surgically separate these Siamese twin prompts. And don't worry...I won't favor the better-looking one, I promise.

Given that I've only lived here in Cortland a few months, I have yet to establish a "get away" spot. Although ideally back in my old hometown it was my ManCave, only with the satellite dish hooked up to the tv. That was my only complaint about an otherwise perfect situation.

But here, once I arrived I had taken to walking. It's not a big place. However, a winter chill and a less-than-walkable leg cover up a lot of the locale. I've seen enough of the couple blocks I've been able to see thus far, and I'm ready for a different view.

BCF PROMPT: "If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?"

I know I've seen this prompt somewhere before, but that's ok. Another day can come where I'll answer it in a different way.

My obvious "get away" would be someplace that isn't here and probably isn't anywhere, really. I wouldn't have been there before and I wouldn't want to leave. Warm...that's a given. Remote too...I wouldn't want to be bothered by anything unless I bothered to be bothered. I suppose I'd need electricity...gotta power an internet connection and keep the beverages frosty.

I've been on a cruise before. It was to the Bahamas. I'd enjoy that if I were the only one on the boat. Well, maybe someone to steer and serve me food and beverages. And some entertainment. Maybe a couple of companions, but mostly myself. No one to throw overboard, and nobody I have to watch my back with. *Wink*

I don't exactly have a pinpointable spot, but I know I'll know when I get there. I'll send ya a postcard, I promise.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

*Anchor* And I don't care if I've posted this video before...this cd would surely come with me. The nautical voyage theme is persistent throughout We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank. Every great sea journey needs a theme song. *Captainwheel*



VITAL STATS:

*Pawprints* Ok...this coming Friday will basically be three months since I last used two legs to get around. My doctor wants to see me walk into his office this Friday as well. Not double-crutch. Not single-crutch. No crutch. I'm a little nervous about that, actually. My boot isn't exactly a walking boot...it's almost rounded off at the bottom. I think it was designed just so people like me don't get any ideas and try to walk before they're ready. It has not inspired confidence in my healing, or in my ability to trust its stability. I'm hesitant to even try walking down a set of stairs in fear that I'll roll with the flow. Add to that the fact I'm planning a trip to a mall tomorrow (I gotta get out of the house, lktropuckr has to go shopping, win-win), and I don't know what I'm gonna do. I won't make it an entire night on two feet. But I don't wanna carry a crutch that I'll barely use. Ohhh, the quandry! You two-leggers have no idea how good you have it!

And that's all I've got for today. Pretty uneventful. Nobody got hurt. Yet. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777488-This-ones-about-walking