*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777698-This-ones-about-rooms
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#777698 added March 16, 2013 at 1:08pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about rooms.
30DBC PROMPT: "Pretend that you see yourself walking into a room. What is your first impression of yourself? What stands out about you? Now change the room you are entering (gym, office, church, etc) How does that change your impression?"

Hey people! A happy start of the weekend to you all! Now that we've got the niceities out of the way, let's dive head-first into the shallow end, shall we?

It's known amongst different circles that there are a few things in life that I'm historically bad at. I can't correctly ballpark a woman's age. I could never hit a solid curveball. And I have a hard time with self-perception, even on my best days.

Image is a tricky subject. I always struggle with it because I either have none or too much. And either way tends to cause problems...and either way I tend to over-correct. Balance, though I preach it, is not a strong suit of mine.

But what the hell? Here goes!

It's a crowded room. Most don't notice and carry on, but a few eyes open up and some smiles crack. Maybe some chatter gets redirected. Small talk turns into big plans, big plans become envy, and envy is a pass/fail proposition. Five minutes is all he needs to know if this is comfortable, or if the exit sign is ready to show him the way home.

He's slowly opening up. There's two different laughs in this world: the "one size fits all", and the "unique and legit". You can see it in his eyes which one is which. The one that makes it up to his eyes starts at the belly.

He's gonna take a lap around the room. The confident nod...he's gonna stick around. But watch for the fidgets. If a smile should keep going sideways, it could mean trouble. If we're here before boredom arrives, there's no telling how long we'll be here or where we'll wake up.

I thought he brought that bottle of wine as a gift for the host! What?! He doesn't want a glass? Because it already comes in a glass? But that's a big bottle! I bet if boxed wine had straps on it, he'd try to rock it like a backpack.

I thought I was only gone for ten minutes...what happened to the wine? Somebody needs to occupy his hands...never mind. Double-fisting Labbatts and a Marlboro. That crooked pinky finger can really ergonomically control a beer bottle!

What's that? Shots?? Salud! Somebody needs to get him a shot glass instead of drinking the SoCo straight from the bottle. And he needs to put his pants back on! Ya know what? Just head him toward my car...we'll take him back to my place. Afterparty at my place!!

Hey, turn the music down...turn it down a second. Where...where'd that son of a bitch go?? There was a whole sheet pizza here! Where's my bottle of Crown? And where's my gumball machine??


If it's so dark in here, why do my eyes hurt?? And what's with the marks around my wrists? Huh? Yes, uhhh, yes officer, that's my Mazda. Clothes? Yeah, they're mine. Gumball machine? Gumball machine?? No sir, no...no idea. It must've been a joke. What town is this again? Can I get some kind of courtesy? My uncle's a cop...uhhh, I see. I appreciate not getting a DWI. Can I have my shoes now, please, and I'll be on my way? I'd really prefer trying to piece together last night somewhere other than a jail cell.

BCF PROMPT: "Write about what you think about that moment before you go to sleep."

The whole purpose of sleep for me is to not think (although some may argue I've done a significant lack of thinking stone cold awake). I tend to be equal parts reserved and rambunctuous by nature, but I'm very restless when idle, especially when trying to sleep. Hence, Ambien!

Nighttime used to be reliving the day in my head while worrying about the next one. And I still do a bit of that, but with slightly less anxiety and the tossy-turnies. I still need some kind of noise in the background as well...barely loud enough to hear, but not loud enough to get too sucked in to it. It's getting better, but sometimes I wonder if I was built to do any kind of normal sleeping...and that's sometimes one of the worst things to wonder while waiting to drift off.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

*Sleep* I swear, sometimes the background of this is what's going on in my head before finally falling asleep. *Tulipr*



VITAL STATS:

*Thumbsup* How about a hand for my man Brother Nature for offering up the prize for today's entry? Very charitable. I like little surprises like that...spices up the contest a little bit. I'm gonna hafta start getting creative...I remember back in the day when I first joined the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, and once in awhile the comments would start to veer into something obscure and then I'd offer small prize for random trivia. Might hafta look into doing that again.

All right. It's Saturday, it's still early, and my work here is done. Gonna finish up a few loose ends before enjoying a lost weekend back home at Gabel, where you'll probably find me under a pile of Saturday and Sunday newspapers. If you light a match I'm likely to come out. Until next time, peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777698-This-ones-about-rooms