*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777787-Sunday-Review-March-10-to-March-16-2013
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#777787 added March 17, 2013 at 11:11am
Restrictions: None
Sunday Review: March 10 to March 16, 2013
The March 17, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Blog. Tell us about your week. Include your favorite blog entry from your fellow challengers from the preceding week and, most importantly, why.

My week floated somewhere between fair and good. The swelling in my legs has gone down, but I am not sure why. I do not know whether it is sleeping stretched out on the couch facing east, drinking more water and juice, or the change in seasons. I do not care why the swelling has gone down, I am just happy that my legs are not swollen the way they were all winter.

Everyday for the past week, I have gone out for the paper and heard nightingales, sparrows, and other birds singing. In addition, the trees are leafing and the weeds are growing. By weeds I am referring to the oleanders in my yard. Despite the fact that they attempt to pass themselves off as flowering shrubs or trees, oleanders are weeds. The reason I say this is that you can cut them down, stop watering them and they will continue to grow and bloom. Since they cannot be easily killed not even with weed killer, they are weeds.

oleanders wave
in a gentle morning breeze
through every season

My favorite entry for the week is "Invalid Entry composed by The_Cavity has wisdom teeth! . The reason I like this entry was the mention of Cheese-Its and Baskin & Robins, which made me hungry. I cannot make up my mind about ice cream either, the names of all the ice cream choices sound good and I always want to try everyone. As for the Cheese-Its, I cannot eat just one.

the wind is blowing
tree limbs are waving good-bye
to winter's remnants

Food for Thought: Ice cream is my comfort food. - Jessie Ware

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777787-Sunday-Review-March-10-to-March-16-2013