*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777888-Green-Announcements
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1903082
This is my blog which I intend to use for the new group that I am joining
#777888 added March 18, 2013 at 9:19am
Restrictions: None
Green Announcements
St. Patrick's day is long since over in China, and they don't really celebrate it here anyway. I actually have quite a few things which I would like to write about here. I'm not sure off hand if any of them are green. Oh well, we'll just see.

First announcement is that I did not qualify for the Original Character Tournament. That was kind of disappointing, after all the preparation that everyone went through for that Tournament. By the way, Calvin Reddick, my partner in the Valentine's Blog did not make it either which means that there will be no war between Flaming Pharoahs. *Sad*

On another note, I've already told you how my winter sonnet has somehow ended up in the Poetry newsletter, and has begun to get some unexpected reviews as a result. Well, another one came a few days ago. Nothing I can say about this review will adequately prepare you for it. Just click on it and read it. (It's short anyway.)
Review of "Winter Sonnet"

I don't know whether to be flattered or disturbed by that one. By now, I'm starting to wonder why it is that when a poem gets into the WDC poetry newsletter, all the nutjobs review it.

Still, I shouldn't complain too much. Another review of the same poem arrived just a few hours ago:

Review of "Winter Sonnet"

Now that is the kind of review I like the best. A few sentences telling me how great I am.

Have I mentioned anything green yet?

Damn, I don't think I have.

The success of that Winter sonnet is kind of surprising to me. I don't consider myself a poet at all. I only wrote that one to fill in some blanks for the "I Write in December. . ." contest, but it won third prize and it ended up in the above mentioned newsletter. This makes me wonder if I should do something more with it. Like submit it for publication? Do you even do that with poetry? It would be interesting if after all this time struggling to get to the point where I can make a living writing prose, I ended up selling poetry.

Oh, and if that happened the money they paid me for the poem would be green. There is that good enough, Cindy?

The King Signature

© Copyright 2013 Weirdone-Back in the games (UN: weirdone28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Weirdone-Back in the games has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777888-Green-Announcements