*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778091-Egg-memories
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1903082
This is my blog which I intend to use for the new group that I am joining
#778091 added March 20, 2013 at 7:24am
Restrictions: None
Egg memories
The Easter egg hunt has begun. I believe four of the eggs that I hid have have been found. So there are six more. I got so crazy searching for eggs yesterday, that I didn't really have time to blog.

Oh well. Today the prompt is What do colored Easter eggs make you think of?

You know, it's funny, but my first thought is chocolate. *Starstruck*

Then, I remembered that usually the actual colored eggs weren't chocolate. They were hard-boiled eggs, Yuck!*Sick*
Still, I liked Easter when I was a kid. I loved finding the basket of candy in the morning. I guess it wasn't as good as Christmas morning, because on Christmas you got to play with your new toys right away, but on Easter, you couldn't just start eating candy first thing in the morning. You had to have breakfast, and then go to church, and usually by the time church let out, it was getting too close to time for the ham lunch to get away with eating candy, so Easter morning felt was kind of a tease.

I also liked actually painting the eggs. We usually did that at my Grandma's house the day before Easter. One funny memory. To dye the eggs, we'd put the dye in cups and whatever else Grandma had. I remember, among other things, that we would use my grandmother's gravy boat as one of the dye cups. It stood out in my mind, because the same gravy boat would be used to hold the gravy on Thanksgiving. I don't know. Somehow the connection there seemed profound to my young self.

The King Signature

© Copyright 2013 Weirdone-Back in the games (UN: weirdone28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Weirdone-Back in the games has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778091-Egg-memories