*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777970-War-Chest-Tuesday-Irish-Rice-with-Green-Salsa
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#777970 added March 19, 2013 at 3:24am
Restrictions: None
War Chest Tuesday: Irish Rice with Green Salsa
The March 19, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Share with us your favorite St. Patrick's Day tradition. If you don't have one, think up a new one.

The closest thing I have to a favorite St. Patrick's Day tradition is the wearing of the green. I wear something almost every St. Patrick's Day. The only time I do not wear green on that day is when I am planning to remain home. Even when I do stay home, I look down at what I am wearing and realize I am again wearing green on St. Patrick's Day. I will put on a green skirt, blouse, or dress on this day without even thinking or consciously planning what I am going to wear.

I think I need a new St. Patrick's Day tradition. I need to find something that is more attuned to my creativity and weird sense of humor. Therefore, I think I will start making Spanish rice with green salsa and calling it Irish rice. I suppose I should add something to it to make it a bit more Irish. Perhaps some Irish potatoes and mutton or lamb. Maybe I will simply consult an Irish stew recipe, but instead of making stew mix the ingredients in with the rice and then add the green salsa. Life is too short to stick with the same old traditions all the time. New taste sensations and experiences is what makes life interesting.

One of the things my grief counselor suggest was to start a new tradition. Instead of moping and crying on those days that I miss Mom the most; on the days that Mom and I had did something special, was to start a new tradition. So what new tradition am I going to begin today on March 19, 2013 my mother 92nd birthday. One thing I am trying is staying up all night and writing. After I finish this, I am going to say a prayer for the departed and attempt to write a poem about my mother's 92nd birthday.

Mom liked my cooking
always said that it tasted great
Mom encouraged me.

Food for thought: “Just because something is traditional is no reason to do it, of course.” ― Lemony Snicket, The Blank Book

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777970-War-Chest-Tuesday-Irish-Rice-with-Green-Salsa