*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778165-march-21
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1913913
WRITTEN FOR THE CIRCLE
#778165 added March 21, 2013 at 2:53am
Restrictions: None
march 21
March 21, 2013: Write about a moment in your life when you had to "step up" and do something, even though perhaps you didn't want to.



         


         I really do not know how to write this one. So it took so much of my night trying to scan my life to find places where I did have the guts to stand up for something.


         


         So with Borderline Boundary Disorder, I decided to find a time that I should have stepped up, didn't, and changed my life forever.





         I was newly divorced raising three children. They should have been my priority, but my mind was everywhere at the same time. When I was not at work, you would not find me with my children. I worked every over time hour that I could. When I could not work my usually 16 hour days, I found something away from my real world that I could.





         One morning, I got ready at 4:00 am to drive drive to the next county to my job. My oldest child wakes up. She grabs on to me. “Momma, please stay home.”





         With tears in my eyes, I pried her from my body. I drove to work. During work, I got a phone call. It was a young man that wanted me to bring him a fifth of whiskey.





         This is where I should have stepped up and said “No!” Said it is an understatement, I should have screamed it and slammed down the phone. I should have gone home after work.





         However, in my mind someone needed me. There was always someone or something that needed except a husband. I did not see how much the children did.





         I went to my friend. I bought the cheep drink from the money out of my own pocket. Money that could have been used for my children. Then drove to a place where I did not know anyone.


         


         Long story shortened as much as I can. He stole my keys. I knew he was drunk. I waited an hour, and called him. The first call there was no answer. The next there was a voice was one that I did not know.





         It was a police officer. I lost my job, my friend, and have never seen him again.





         That was many years ago, but I still dream of my job nearly every night.





         I may some day learn to step up with the prayers of those who know and love me. Shoot those who I love learn how to use I N (Impossible No) to get what they want.
Check out my contest
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1918690 by Not Available.









My words are ways to leave peices of myself behind for my children

© Copyright 2013 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (UN: writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ida_Matilda_Wright Help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778165-march-21