*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778451-Sunday-Review-March-17-to-March-23-2013
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#778451 added March 24, 2013 at 1:35pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday Review: March 17 to March 23, 2013
The March 24, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Blog. Tell us about your week.
Include your favorite blog entry from your fellow challengers from the preceding week and, most importantly, why.

Tuesday, March 19, my mother would have been 92 years old. I got through the day all right, that evening I watched Betty White's show Off Their Rockers because Ms. White was one of my mother's favorite actresses and I needed something to give me a laugh. On the evening of Wednesday, March 20, I went to a Naw-Ruz celebration at the Baha'i Center in Las Vegas. On Thursday, March 21, I deposited a check in my account and then went to Smith's Food and Drug to pick up some items. While I was there, I applied for and received a free cell phone for senior citizens. The phone is a Sanyo and I receive 250 free minutes every month; if I need more I can purchase 150 anytime minutes for $10.00 and that last ten days. On Friday, March 22, I went to Social Services to get help with the electric bill; despite the fact my brother paid enough on the bill to keep the electricity on the qualified me for the full amount. After I cashed the checks they gave me, I went to the power company and put all the money on the electric bill and now have a credit to cover some of my next power bill.

mornings are chilly
a slight breeze and blue sky
watching jet contrails

I finally caught up on my Saturday blog reading. My favorite entry is "Invalid Entry because it made me laugh the hardest, in fact, I am still laughing. In addition, to this funny story I have another humorous entry from someone who is not in this group, but I thought I would share it anyway: "Invalid Entry.

Quote of the Day: "You have to take into account it was the cell phone that became what the modern-day concept of a phone call is, and this is a device that's attached to your hip 24/7. Before that there was 'leave a message' and before that there was 'hopefully you're home.'" - Giovanni Ribisi

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778451-Sunday-Review-March-17-to-March-23-2013