*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778901-Day-14-Prompt-2---Caffeinge---The-Elixir-of-the-Rock-Gods
by Jordi
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1924437
Short stories from images
#778901 added March 28, 2013 at 5:10pm
Restrictions: None
Day 14 Prompt 2 - Caffeinge - The Elixir of the Rock Gods
         The alarm clock exploded inside his head like a thousand fire alarms going off all together. Surely it wasn’t half past four already! He’d only just collapsed on his bed for some sleep. Damn Moose and his stay and have another beer!
         Blearily, he opened one eye and closed it straight away as the bright light of the alarm clock display hit the back of his eyes with the intensity of a Jedi light sabre. Today was going to be hell!
         He lay there on the bed, fumbling across the bedside table to silence the wailing alarm clock. AC/DC didn’t make this much noise, he was sure of it.
         As the noise ceased, he staggered out of bed and headed for the bathroom with the agility of a ninety year old man. A quick shower revived him a little but he would need more substance than that to get through the day, especially once Sweens discovered he had the hangover from hell this morning.
         Making his way down the stairs that didn’t seem as steady as they had yesterday morning, he wandered into the kitchen and filled the kettle. As he waited for the water to boil he hoped Moose was suffering as much as he was today. It would serve him right for insisting they should all have one more beer, again!
         Spooning the coffee into a large mug, he added the water, milk and lots of sugar before giving it a brisk stir. Breathing in the rich aroma he sighed, feeling more human as the essence of the coffee filtered into his system.
         Caffeine – the elixir of the Rock Gods.
         His mobile rang and he winced as it set off the hammers from hell in his head.
         “Hello, Moose, my old mucker. How are you this morning?”
         “Not so loud, Dews.” Moose’s voice echoed the pain that Dewsbury was feeling as he stood there. “Just thought I’d call and check that you          were up.”
         “I am. Just having a coffee before heading off.”
         “Ah, caffeine, the eternal reviver. Sounds like a good idea. Later, dude.”
         “Later.”
         Dewsbury put his phone down and made himself another coffee. Perhaps today wouldn’t be too bad after all.
© Copyright 2013 Jordi (UN: jordib at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jordi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778901-Day-14-Prompt-2---Caffeinge---The-Elixir-of-the-Rock-Gods