*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779089-This-ones-about-new-days-and-no-regrets
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#779089 added March 29, 2013 at 4:30pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about new days and no regrets.
THE PROMPT: Goin' promptless today.

What's up folks? Been awhile, but it's been a different week of sorts. Allow me to go back to my roots and break it down bullet-point style.

*Bullet* Yes, the idea that I might be getting a new computer soon came true this week. I am now the proud owner of a brand new Toshiba laptop, courtesy of kindness and generosity. And while I'm very grateful, I am still a complaining male. So far, Windows 8 and I are not friends. There's too much going on so far for my liking. Sure, in six months I'll wonder how I ever lived without it, but for now I'm not a fan. But I do absolutely love this device in general. It's got twice the hard drive of my previous laptop, a bigger screen, better everything and a number keypad. I like number pads. Don't question me, because I don't think I can come up with a satisfactory explanation why. Oh, and it was about half the price of my last computer. That's what we like to describe as a "win".

Having once worked for a computer store, I always thought I'd be a Sony laptop person. But I've heard good things about Toshiba computers, and I really liked my last one. When I saw this deal, it seemed almost too good to be true. It's amazing how fast technology moves. I know I shouldn't be so obvious about it, but it bears repeating occasionally.

*Bullet* I made a big decision yesterday to leave the house without a crutch or a boot. It felt weird, no lie. But I walked. A couple blocks. Well, I limped. A lot. And my ankle's still sore. But that was a huge step for me, no pun intended. Monday's another doctor's appointment.

*Bullet* I don't often share a lot in this space what other bloggers have to say, outside of Sunday reviews for the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. And I haven't actually written on a Sunday in quite awhile, so maybe today's an appropriate day of sorts to pass along an entry I read the other day and I can't seem to shake it for some reason... Wordsmitty ✍️ 's "Lost interest ?. It really made me think...not that other entries don't, but I felt something different when I read this. I kind of examined myself inside of that entry a little bit. I've been struggling with self-motivation lately, especially when it comes to writing. At first I thought I was just being lazy, but I realized it wasn't just that. Taking a few days off here and there might be what I need just to maintain a little patience, sanity, and the will to keep bangin' on a keyboard. I'm not doing anyone any favors by forcing myself to do this day in and day out, especially if I'm not getting the satisfaction I want from it...and right now I don't even know what that satisfaction is anymore, but it's no longer as simple as typing {entry:######} in a couple of forum posts on a near-daily basis.

Maybe I'm just getting a little too far into my own head again. I'm pretty good about doing that, and not good at getting out in a timely manner. And I'm not saying I'm quitting writing or anything like that. I just need to spend some time reexamining why I do this, and maybe not do it so often. I don't think that's a bad idea. Sort of like a battery recharging of sorts. Note to anyone wanting to bite my style: this won't win you any contests. And I'm very at peace with that, and have been for months now. If I wrote for accolades I'd be in this for all the wrong reasons. That's not the kind of validation I require. Sure it's nice, but it's not the end-all be-all. Just try not to miss me too much if you don't hear from me for a few days...and I say that now, but watch me come up with a reason to be back at this blogging thing tomorrow or something. Sometimes that's just how these things work.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Since I really don't have a point or a prompt, I'm going kind of random today. I might've actually posted this before, but it's all good. I'll pump anything that was actually filmed in my hometown.



VITAL STATS:

*Egg3* If I don't get around to saying it this weekend, have a great Easter y'all!

*Giftg* I completely forgot to point out that last Saturday was not only the two year anniversary of this dusty corner of the interwebs, but that I am a lucky man in a totally unrelated way. I'm fortunate enough to have two friends from totally different circles in my life, DMFM and G-Stamm, who share the same 23rd of March birthday, and I'd belatedly like to wish them the best.

And I think that's where I'm dropping out for now. Not saying goodbye; just sayin' I'll see ya soon. Probably in a couple of days. Maybe sooner. Take care of yourselves, and each other. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779089-This-ones-about-new-days-and-no-regrets