*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779340-Free-Day-The-Last-Sunday-in-March-2013
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#779340 added March 31, 2013 at 1:30pm
Restrictions: None
Free Day: The Last Sunday in March 2013
The March 31, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
FREE DAY: Today is a free day so blog about whatever your heart desires!

It is the last Sunday in March 2013, early Easter Sunday and Easter services are in progress throughout the Las Vegas area. My breakfast this morning consisted of a chocolate Easter bunny with hot coffee. I always eat a chocolate bunny on Easter Sunday, it is a habit I acquired as a child and that, even though I no longer celebrate Easter, I have continued into my adulthood. There are two reason I eat a chocolate bunny every Easter: (1) this is the only time of year I can purchase a chocolate bunny and (2) eating one brings back memories of my childhood.

It is the memories
that the chocolate Easter bunny brings;
memories of sitting next to my Grandmother
in church as she sings...

On the last Sunday in March 2013, I eat my entire solid chocolate bunny for breakfast, which according to the nutritional facts on the box is three servings of chocolate. This sounds like a lot, but considering what happened last year at Easter it is not. Last year, which was my mother's last Easter breakfast, Mom ate only one third of her bunny (which was one serving) and I ended up eating the rest over the month of April. I suppose I should have known that would be Mom's last Easter bunny because she normally ate her entire chocolate bunny for breakfast and lunch. Today, I ate my bunny slowly while I drink coffee and read the morning paper.

half moon shining down
a nightingale singing
Easter Sunday dawn

the house is silent
soul receptive to God's word
Sunday morning dawn

my prayers intoned
God's protection unfailing
Sunday morning peace

coffer maker singing
chocolate Easter bunny
Sunday morning treat

It is the last Sunday 2013, tomorrow is Monday, April 1; tomorrow is April Fools Day. What are the important dates I have to remember in April? There are two nineteen-day feast in April, the Feast of Jalál (Glory) is after sunset on April 8 and the Feast of Jamál (Beauty) is after sunset on April 27. Then the First day of Riḍván (a Holy Day) begins at sunset on April 20 and ends at sunset on April 21, while the Ninth day of Riḍván (another Holy Day) begins at sunset on April 28 and ends at sunset on April 29. At this point, I think those are the only days I have to take note of in April; hopefully, by the time they arrive, I will have some idea of the blog entry I am going to post.

Thought of the Day: "Put your blog out into the world and hope that your talent will speak for itself." - Diablo Cody

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779340-Free-Day-The-Last-Sunday-in-March-2013