*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779679-Where-Have-all-my-Toys-gone
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#779679 added April 4, 2013 at 11:35am
Restrictions: None
Where Have all my Toys gone?
The April 4, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Describe an item you were incredibly attached to as a child. What became of it?

Where, oh, where has my favorite doll gone,
Oh, where, oh, where can she be?
Is she buried under a cottonwood tree
or in a toxic waste dump?

The last time I saw my favorite baby doll was in the nursery of the Southern Baptist Mission in Blackwell, Oklahoma. That was ages and ages ago before the Blackwell1 Zinc Company closed in 1974. That was before Zinc Smelter land was give to the Blackwell Industrial Authority (BIA) and its soil repurposed, which caused toxic waste contamination of large areas of the city and the Chikaskia River. Therefore, I am presuming that my favorite baby doll is decomposing in a toxic waste dump somewhere in Oklahoma.

It doesn't seem fair that my favorite doll, with the rest of my childhood toys and treasures, is buried beneath poisonous and toxic soil. All right, I realize that life isn't fair. Life isn't supposed to be fair because while my soul is traveling on the material plain they are supposed to be developing spiritual attributes. However, the least an old woman can ask is for her favorite doll to be treated with more respect. The least someone could have done was give the doll a proper burial or cremation instead of letting it rot in a toxic waste dump.

Thought of the Day: "Keep talking about moving toxic wastes, but never let it cross your mind to quit producing them. Keep Judging yourselves in Manson. Don't look in the mirror. You will serve the Earth as much as she serves you or you will commit suicide." - Lynette Fromme

Footnotes
1  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwell,_Oklahoma


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779679-Where-Have-all-my-Toys-gone