*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779688-Billy-Joel-as-Rabbi-helping-uncover-devotion-to-my-God
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#779688 added April 4, 2013 at 11:21am
Restrictions: None
Billy Joel as Rabbi, helping uncover devotion to my God
I bulldoze my mornings. Heaven help the neighbors (in my head), as my mind is not required by City ordinance to keep quiet until a decent hour -- 6:45-7:15am is the norm. By habit, I do, even while trying to remind myself to "be still and know" first off.

This means I already have headphones on and find myself listening to a third piece on Billy Joel's You Tube Channel before I realize that my prayer time got lost somewhere between letting the dogs out and several stanzas into Honesty. That's alright, my spiritual practice is adaptable. I recognize God as the beat of the piano keys, and all human need in the words from the songwriter is in harmony with that Divine tune. I know my day already unfolds effortlessly, and that in the midst of its beauty, its honesty, my activity in it is productive, relaxing, perhaps includes new discoveries for me and those around me. For all this and more, I am grateful. I ADMIT the enjoyment of the music keeps me from going deep, but it reminds me that there is an ever-present law at work that always says "yes." Due to this, it is all that much easier to release any further handling to God, and know it is done.

© Copyright 2013 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779688-Billy-Joel-as-Rabbi-helping-uncover-devotion-to-my-God