*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779522-After-the-Tsunami-Dream
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#779522 added April 2, 2013 at 10:22am
Restrictions: None
After the Tsunami Dream
My prayer this morning pulled together like surface debris from a tsunami wave; remnants of a late snatch of dream before I rose at 6:15. It was none the less capped by powerful insight. I put this all forth as prelude to explain why my topic is jumbled as it is.

How to join together two divergent, morning thoughts: How did stripes come into fashion originally? (A story research detail), and Am I the first to think of God as "the ghost in the machine" of my own body?

Last point first...Yes, my morning prayer proposed that God, as the center of my being, the master control technician recording all thought and action at a personal scope, not just "out there," is truly here. God as the hero inside the Japanese mech suit that is my body -- the fact that that storyline of man in the machine has been so popular throughout my lifetime tells me I couldn't possibly be the first to conceptualize the parallel with God and man. But it is still a very interesting connection to make. I have enjoyed the anime shows that have teams or whole armadas battling in giant robot fashion, but I'm sure at the time it was a cursory level of enjoyment. Reintroduced to the phrase, "give up the ghost" on Good Friday, the connection with "ghost in the machine" occurred today. (Also an interesting insight to my personal processing speed -- I must be an older model).

As I write about it, I also can frame an idea of being a broadcast repeating station. I'm not going to delve into that thought further, just note it for later.

Which brings me to my research detail, which I think really doesn't fit with my loftier idea, and so just gets a mention for later retrieval. The Breton stripe was worn by French sailors per a late Nineteenth-Century decree, and was popularized first in Victorian era children's clothing, swimwear, and later, men's and women's fashion.

© Copyright 2013 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779522-After-the-Tsunami-Dream