*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780085-cold-Monday
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#780085 added April 8, 2013 at 10:55pm
Restrictions: None
cold Monday
Here it is halfway into April, well not quite. But a long time since I got a haiku recorded here or anything else for that matter. Right now it's still the break between quarters, so I should have loads of time, and I guess I do. Most of it has gone to the IRS, first with finishing taxes and then working on all the documents they want while they audit my 2010 taxes. Not very fun. I also haven't gotten out to the garden since the day I divided up one bunch of garlic cloves and seeded some mesclun. Bill, being very helpful, put garden cloth all over the area (about 20x30) with a cute little orange fence whose posts hold the cloth down. He cut holes for the garlic I'd replanted but didn't realize I had seeds that had just sprouted, so they got covered too and they died. Boo hoo. Time to get out and plant some more, although that warm stretch of weather has disappeared. Why do weeds grow so well even in cold weather?

I made some good butternut squash soup today, and intend to plant several of those vines this year. That's not a soup I'd do 80 servings of for the soup kitchen, just one for us. I need some more recipes for 80-100 servings though, if you know of any.

Tonight I'd better get some ironing done. I thought Bill was coming back to take me to a neighborhood watch meeting, but evidently not. He wants the shirts for this weekend. Maybe I'll get some writing done while he's gone. I'm looking forward to it.

© Copyright 2013 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780085-cold-Monday