*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780217-The-Conversation-of-a-Life-Time
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#780217 added April 10, 2013 at 3:07pm
Restrictions: None
The Conversation of a Life Time
The April 10, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
After a long night out, you return to your house to find that every picture and painting in your house can speak to you.
What do the characters in the artwork and photographs say?
Write a conversation between you and one of them, or a conversation between two of them.

I walked into the house on Monday night sometime after 9:00 or 10:00 PM. I don't know exactly what time it was because I didn't go into the living room or look at my cell phone to check the time. Normally, I know precisely what time I get home, but when I walked into the house on Monday night I heard voices reverberating through the house. Since I live alone, I was a bit frightened; however, I'm not the type of person to call 911 out of fear. Living in Las Vegas, I know that Metro Officers have more important things to deal with then the voices in my house.

I went into the dining room and turned on the light. As soon as the light came on the voices stopped. I looked around, but the room was empty. I started to turn the light off, when the photo of 'Abdu'l-Baha spoke to me. "Pull up a chair, Snow, we have a lot to discuss."

"Yes, uh..."

"Please, call me 'Abdu'l-Baha."

"All right," I pulled dining room chair close to the photo so that I could look directly at it. "What do we have to discuss?"

"Your tendency to procrastinate and waste time, but first I have a question to ask you." After a short pause, 'Abdu'l-Baha continued. "Did you enjoy the Feast of Glory tonight?"

"Yes."

"Good, then I presume you will attend the fund raiser at the Baha'i Center this week end."

"I hadn't planned to, 'Abdu'l-Baha."

"Go you will enjoy yourself and don't worry about finances or anything like that."

"All right."

"Snow," he paused again. "You need to stop procrastinating and wasting time. First, beginning on Tuesday I want you to stop playing mahjong, pyramid, or spider for the next nineteen day. If you find yourself at loose ends or between projects either say prayers, read a book, or clean a room."

"All right, 'Abdu'l-Baha," I smiled because he knew my weakness. "Will there be anything else?"

"Yes, stop worrying about money or anything else. You put your financial situation in God's hands, so you do not need to worry. Worrying about something you have placed in divine hands is attempting to take the situation back."

"I always suspected as much."

"It is late and you should get some sleep because you have a lot of work to do on Tuesday." At this point I think the picture smiled at me, "Snow, you can get a lot accomplished between now and the end of the month, so go to bed and get some sleep. Just remember what day you are living in."




© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780217-The-Conversation-of-a-Life-Time