*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780292-Episode-15-King-Shahryars-Dream
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#780292 added April 11, 2013 at 9:39pm
Restrictions: None
Episode 15: King Shahryar's Dream
After hearing the Fable of the Songbird the King yawned. Midnight was close at hand and he clapped his hands for the servants to turn down the bed. Crawling in with Scheherazade, they spooned and were soon fast asleep. As the Sultan slept he had a vivid dream.

He was dressed in white, on a city street, following a group of young women. Two, from behind, were similar in appearance and the Sultan suddenly realized by their conversation and laughter that they were Scheherazade and her friend Fatima. He continued along as they ambled towards the temple of Anahita, goddess of fertility.

Outside the entrance were two long lines that extended up the stairs and between the columns. The girls separated and got in either line. Shahryar continued up the stairs and saw that the lines entered two portals. Through one, the room was dark and nothing could be seen but the other was open to a courtyard.

In the courtyard was a long slab of polished granite of about waist height. The girls were leaning over on their stomachs as a minotaur moved from one to the next. Addressing each, he lifted her robe and futtered. When he finished he moved so on down the line. Once a maid had been serviced she continued on and descended a staircase. At the bottom was a confluence where the two lines were once more side-by-side. One came down from the dark room and the other down from the courtyard he’d just visited.

These lines led up a second long staircase to the summit of a hill. The lines moved slowly so the King skipped up the steps between the two and finally reached the top.

There he saw a distinguished looking man and elegant lady handing out infants. Down two chutes from behind, made of purest alabaster, slid an unending stream of newborns. Shahryar gazed into first one and then the other. Descending down one of the chutes were males and from the other females. “Oh my Gawd! He cried out in anguish, “my wife’s in the wrong line!”


© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780292-Episode-15-King-Shahryars-Dream