*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780369-Episode-16--The-Hypothesis
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#780369 added April 17, 2013 at 12:04pm
Restrictions: None
Episode 16: The Hypothesis
The next morning King Shahryar took a long walk in his garden. He was troubled by the Fable of the Songbird and his dream. When he had collected his thoughts he returned to the palace and summoned his Vizier.

“I had a dream last night that gives further credence to a supposition that a woman conceived in darkness is likely to bear a daughter and one conceived in the light, a son.”

“Tell me more of this dream,” asked the Vizier.

And so the King related in full, the substance of his dream.

“I see the direction, but don’t know where your thinking alights,” replied the Vizier.

“I THINK we have gathered enough facts and assumptions to formulate a hypothesis… that’s where it’s heading.”

“And what might that hypothesis be? “

“Well it contains several parts. First is that a Woman’s moon comes the fifteenth day after the onset of her taint.”

“Go on.”

“Second that a spirit enters the womb shortly after the man ejaculates or a woman has an orgasm. “

“Yes.”

“That if the copulation is taking place in a dark room the conception will tend to be a female and if in a light room a male.”

“I see how your thoughts travel.”

“The only question I now have is how the sprit enters the woman.”

“I would hazard to say it would be through the vagina, however this door could be blocked…”

“Go on.”

“So if this is the case I suspect the next most likely orifice is one of the senses. Most likely it would be the eyes but then perhaps the ears, nose or mouth.”

“So after being summoned by a cry of euphoria the spirit answers the call.”

“Yes like the scent of a bitch that attracts the hounds.”

“And when the spirit arrives on the scene, it looks about for the source of whence the call came?”

“Exactly.”

“And if it enters through the eyes it can see if it is night or day?”

“Why would that matter?”

“Because the female spirit will originate from a dark place and if it is day will arrive squinting her eyes…. And the male spirit coming from a place out of doors, will not be accustomed to the dark…”

“Where are you going with this?”

“Don’t you see? In my dream there were two parts of the temple where the maids were being conceived.”

“Yes, you told me that…”

“So, if the spirits can reach from afar, they could use the eyes of the lovers, to know beforehand if the place is dark or light.”

“What am I missing?”

“Don’t you see? If they knew the conditions of the hour or the place they could prepare in advance rather than follow their inclinations.”

“Are you saying that the state of light or darkness should come as a surprise.”

“Yes, because otherwise they would have time to prepare and have a preconceived notion.”

“So your contention is that if they arrived without warning, the female spirit would gravitate to the dark place and the male to the light.”

“Exactly!”

“I’m beginning to follow your train of thought.”

“So, I think I have a trial in mind that begs our hypothesis.”

“I’m all ears replied the Vizier. “

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780369-Episode-16--The-Hypothesis