*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780459-Cleaning-house-is-a-tranforming-experience
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#780459 added April 13, 2013 at 11:13am
Restrictions: None
Cleaning house is a tranforming experience
The April 13, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Does a messy home (or office) make you anxious and cranky, or is cleaning something you just do before company comes over?

This prompt hits really close to home (no pun intended). I am in the process of cleaning my house so that I can find a smaller place. I am having difficulty cleaning it and apparently have had difficulty for some time. The reason I say this it that this morning I found the remains of the old thermostat in a box sitting on the lower shelf of a bookcase. The old thermostat was replaced before or around 2007. I am not precisely sure when it was replaced, but the box has been sitting on the bookcase for several year.

I put the box containing the old thermostat in the trash bag I carried out this morning. I know that is not how I am supposed to dispose of that stuff, especially since I am attempting to go green, but that is what I did. I suspect before I am finished with this horrid housecleaning project I will do a lot of things that do not encourage green living; however, at this point I do not care. The only thing I want is to give away, store, and throw away so that I can move to a smaller place.

I am so stressed with this entire housecleaning thing, that this morning I decided I am a hoarder or at least have a tendency toward hoarding. Which may make sense since, as the daughter of an alcoholic, I have an addictive personality and obsessive-compulsive issues. Knowing this does not lessen the stress I am encountering attempting to clean house. I am having some success, as proven by the fact that I did not take the old thermostat to the garage and put it on a shelf. I suppose I should focus on the success rather then how much I have to do. I think part of my problem is that I am trying to eat the entire T-Rex in one setting rather then a little bit at a time.

I wish I had started this cleaning thing while Mom was still alive and in her right mind. Then I could have ask her what she thought about this and that, but I did not and there is no use shoulding on myself. Everything a person encounters in life is supposed to prepare her for the next world, teach her about herself, and help her grow and evolve as a human being. Housecleaning does that, purging does that; at present, I am going through a purging episode getting everything out of my life that I do not need for the next stage of my spiritual evolution. It is stressful and I do not like it, but the process is necessary. It is teaching me to let go and letting go is something everyone has to learn because at death the soul has to let go of the body.

I am cleaning house
I am evolving, purging;
A new creation.

Thought of the Day: "I'm going through an evolution. I'm completely cleaning out my closet. I'm purging, because I saw that show 'Hoarders.' I had a sweatshirt from sixth grade, and I'm going, 'Why do I hold on to this?" - Fergie

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780459-Cleaning-house-is-a-tranforming-experience