*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780612-Disappointment-a-part-of-life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#780612 added April 15, 2013 at 10:02am
Restrictions: None
Disappointment a part of life
The April 15, 2013 prompt "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
The most disappointed I've ever been . . .

I don't think I've yet experienced the most disappointment I could ever experience in my life. I have enough faith in myself and the rest of humanity to know that I can still experience greater events of disappointment. The reason I know this is because disappointment is a part of life. That being written I suppose I should respond to the prompt.

The most disappointed I've ever been is in myself for not rising to the feats of accomplishment I'm capable of achieving. There is no other human being on the planet that can cause greater disappoint to a individual then her or himself. Like the rest of humanity, I'm capable of accomplishing much more then I accomplish; therefore, I'm still capable of not only achieving more then I have up to this point, but disappointing myself to a greater degree.

There are two ways to handle disappointment, the first is to give up, curl up in the fetal position and die. The second, is to take a deep breath, pour yourself another cup of coffee and figure out a different approach to the event or action that caused disappointment. Sometime disappointment indicates a change indirection, which is not giving up. Accomplishing a goal or any thing else in life isn't easy and oftentimes a person is faced with more the one episode of disappointment. Whit is required the individual to bring him or herself to account and decide on the reason the disappointment occurred.

Life is a bowl of cherries
and disappointment the pits,
but you can't grow cherry trees
without the pits.

Life is a garden of roses
and disappointment the thorns,
but you can't pick beauty
without drawing blood.

Thought of the Day: "Burning desire to be or do something gives us staying power - a reason to get up every morning or to pick ourselves up and start in again after a disappointment." - Marsha Sinetar

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780612-Disappointment-a-part-of-life