*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780798-Another-Earth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1910923
Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
#780798 added April 17, 2013 at 12:10pm
Restrictions: None
Another Earth
So this 17 year old MIT acceptee takes out a wife and child while driving drunk. After 4 years spent incarcerated she rejoins the workforce as a high school janitor.

I can scarecly imagine what it would feel like to walk through life knowing you destroyed a family. Killed a child. Forget about that fact that as a black woman I probably would have gone away for much longer than 4 years. But would it have mattered? If I didn't die in jail....I'd probably just be dead inside.

She reconnects with the father of the family. He was driving, went into a coma for an undisclosed amount of time before coming to, retiring to his country house and existing as an imbibing farely functioning alcoholic. He was a composer, the music throughout compliments this fact.

I give her major kudos for having the guts to face him and do what she can to 'make up' for her disruption of his life.

Story of the Russian space man was intriguing. I was about to go crazy with just the few seconds she spent tapping that knife on the wood table. But it is definitely a trick I plan to try next I have an annoying tick I can't shake. Turn an annoyance to music....best version of lemons to lemonade I've heard in a while...

I'm weird. Why do I feel like I could cry at him playing the violin saw? I just did NOT expect it to sound so....human. Seriously, sounds like a soprano female opera singer....weird.

Ok, this is too freakin weird....I thought it...even expected it but....I mean come on! How jacked is he gonna be after realizing he f'ked his family's murderer.....
Yep, she's worse off than I thought.

Holy what?! His son was 5? Wife pregnant with girl....but in the beginning it was definitely a girl in the backseat. [Edit: Upon rewind, it was indeed a boy. My bad.] Is she already ON earth 2? Did she throw up because of what she did or because the facts are different? Makes sense he never found out the minor's name...though I wonder if he could have found out if he wanted to. Anyways, she better not tell him. It will only do him more harm.

Delightfully awkward convo with a millionaire.....

That was an interesting way to tell him....

Rhoda Williams

So it's official. The intro was on one earth...and the rest of this movie is on the other....

Perhaps they are going back and forth between the two...though it's doubtful.

That's a...kind gesture. But something tells me it wouldn't be that easy. I don't think the flight people would let her just give her ticket away....Then again maybe he told them his story. "Hey, yea, the girl whose ticket I have, she killed my family." Yea, I can see how that'd get him in.

Holy snikies! I Got goosebumps...how did I NOT expect that?! I'm ashamed of myself. Of course her other self comes looking for her on Earth 2.....awesome.

© Copyright 2013 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780798-Another-Earth