*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780827-Intuition-An-Attribute-of-the-Soul
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#780827 added April 17, 2013 at 11:27pm
Restrictions: None
Intuition: An Attribute of the Soul
The April 17, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
What intuition can do for you?

I believe that intuition is an attribute of the soul. I have found that it will guide me through the rough areas of life, through tests and difficulties, but I have to follow it no matter how illogical its suggestions appear. I have found that I must be able to "feel" to "hear" the voice of intuition and the only way I can do that is through daily prayer and meditation. Sometimes the guidance of intuition comes through a dream, sometimes through a feeling, and sometimes through a thought. Sometimes intuition is an urgent feeling and sometimes a slight push, but it will always guide me through the best path for the development of my soul and the strengthening of my faith.

I believe intuition is developed through prayer, meditation, and following the feeling. An example of my following my intuition occurred this afternoon. I have a grief counseling meeting every first and third Wednesday of the month. I was not going to go to the meeting tonight, but my intuition suggested that I should go. It was a good thing that I went because tonight the group received "homework" to assist in handling our grief. The homework tonight is for each member of the group to write his or her own recipe for Tear Soup. If I had not gone to the meeting tonight I would not have received this intriguing piece of creativity. I also would not have heard the story about Tear Soup; the counselor who leads the meeting read the story to us.

I now have a way to deal with my grief about my mother's death. I can also use this method to write about my Grandparents and my father, all of whose deaths I suspect I am still grieving. I am looking forward to creating my recipe or perhaps I should say recipes for Tear Soup. I now have a creative tool to handle my grief and this is a tool I would not have if I had not followed my intuition and gone to the meeting.

Intuition
is the voice of my soul
whispering,
shouting,
and pushing me
to become my true self.

Food for Thought: "Intuition is a spiritual faculty and does not explain, but simply points the way." - Florence Scovel Shinn

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780827-Intuition-An-Attribute-of-the-Soul