*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781794-My-Greatest-Weakness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#781794 added May 2, 2013 at 1:20pm
Restrictions: None
My Greatest Weakness
The "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum prompt for May 2, 2013 is
What is your greatest weakness?

What is my greatest weakness? Ordinarily, I would answer this question with one word - Procrastination! However, this morning that is not may answer. I suppose I should start with a little background. I was sick for three days in April, which started on April 27. I think it started on the afternoon of the 27th, but it could have started in the morning. Anyway, I was shivering so I decided to check the thermostat and noticed that it read somewhere around 80 degrees. I realized that the problem was not the house, but me.

Once I realized I was ill, life begun to go downhill. The only thing I wanted in my stomach was water and nothing else. I attempted to eat some vegetables, with little success. I think I ate two or three bites before giving up the idea of food. I spent the rest of April 27, all day April 28 and April 29, drinking water, sleeping, and doing reviews on writing.com. I needed to earn enough GPs to purchase a premium membership by April 30 (if nothing else this proves I am addicted to writing.com). I remained online as long as I could stay awake, without the danger of falling asleep at the keyboard. I was afraid if I fell asleep I would fall off my chair and probably kill myself in the process.

Late on April 29 I was feeling better and able to set at the keyboard longer. I remained awake well past midnight Pacific Time, but I accomplished my goal. I went to sleep, woke up when the alarm went off at 4:00 AM, took the medication I had to take at that time, and then went back to sleep. April 30 was not a great day because of lack of food for the past few days I was week and my legs got tired easily. I ate, drink water, and coffee, but remained home because I did not feel I was safe to drive. On Wednesday, May 1, I had two meetings I wanted to attend, so being the suborn, bullheaded, and obsessive person I am, I decided to attend them both, so I ate a good meal

I attended the Grief Counseling Group at 4:00 PM, there I ate peach cobbler, ice cream, and coffee. This meeting got out at 5:00 PM and I went home for a little while. I left the house about 6:30 and arrived at the Baha'i Center on West Oakey (I live on the east side of town) to attend the Twelfth Day of Ridvan celebration at 7:00 PM. At the end of the evening, a meal was served so I ate again. I did not get home until after 9:30 PM, but I got ready to go to bed. After putting my eye drops in my eyes and taking my medication, I realize I left my cell phone in the car. I finally found the only flashlight in the house that worked and went to the garage to retrieve my phone from my car.

What is my greatest weakness? My suborn, bullheaded refusal to admit after I have been ill for three days it takes me longer then one day to recuperate at my age. Will this be that last time I over extend myself after being ill for several days,? No. I will remember the lesson and do something a little differently next time, but I will not stay home if there is a chance of missing a celebration or food. Despite the way I feel this morning, I had fun last night and I met some old friends that I had not seen in a long time.



© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781794-My-Greatest-Weakness