*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782021-Paying-it-Forward
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#782021 added May 6, 2013 at 10:44am
Restrictions: None
Paying it Forward
The May 6, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Have you ever had a random encounter or fleeting moment with a stranger that stuck with you?

This incident occurred while I was living on Sunset Avenue, about two or three miles from the Bracken Avenue house. I went into a store to purchase some items I needed for a class at the community college. It was some paper that I needed and I did not want to purchase it at the college bookstore because it was more expensive. Apparently, I had not been watching how much money I spent that day because when I go to the counter, I did not have enough. A woman behind me, a strange paid the amount I was missing.

I got a chance a few months later to pay it forward. I went to a poetry meeting, after the meeting a woman needed some money for either the bus because her son or grandson did not come to pick her up as she expected. I gave her the money and told her to pay it forward. I learned two things from these incidents, first to make sure I always have enough cash in my purse or use a debit card. Two when you need to pay something forward God provides the opportunity.

Quote of the Day: “Sail beyond the horizon; fly higher than you ever thought possible; magnify your existence by helping others; be kind to people and animals of all shapes and sizes; be true to what you value most; shine your light on the world; and be the person you were born to be.” Blake Beattie

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782021-Paying-it-Forward