*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782126-Life-is-a-Bed-of-Thorny-Roses
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#782126 added May 7, 2013 at 12:23pm
Restrictions: None
Life is a Bed of Thorny Roses
The May 7, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Do you feel that children should be sheltered from unhappiness?

Life is a bed of thorny roses,
a mixture of joy and sorrow,
of happiness and unhappiness,
of pleasure and pain.

Life is a bouquet of bee filled lilacs,
a delicious aroma
concealing a sting;
caution is necessary.

It is impossible to protect children from unhappiness if you want them to live a well adjusted life. Unhappiness is a part of the process of life and it comes unexpectedly without warning, like a bee hidden in a bouquet of beautiful flowers. You inhale the perfume of the flowers and bee flies out, if you are not careful you will get stung and then have to remove the stinger with a pair of tweezers or go the the Emergency Room. The next time you smell the flowers you are a bit more cautious, but you still smell the flowers.

If you protect children from unhappiness and sorrow, the get a skewed view of life and do not learn how to deal with disappointment. We encounter disappointment throughout life, if we learn to deal with it as children then we are more likely to be well adjust adults with a chance of succeeding. If we do not learn to deal with it then we are probably going to end up as basket cases or at least very depressed wondering why life is always kicking us in the teeth.

Thought of the Day: “You can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes". ― Lauren Oliver, Delirium

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782126-Life-is-a-Bed-of-Thorny-Roses