*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782210-This-ones-about-five-things-plus-oneor-two
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#782210 added May 8, 2013 at 4:54pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about five things plus one...or two.
30DBC PROMPT: "What are five things you want to see or do before it's too late?"

What's up everybody? I love today's prompt, for selfish reasons, of course. Why else would I love something? I get to break out the image I created specifically for the "Invalid Item! Now, before you stop everything you're doing and want me to do creative things for you, just keep in mind I have next to no idea what I'm doing or how I did it. It's no Rembrandt or Picasso; in fact it's rather the opposite. In fact, I'm sure if cavemen had computers, they could've done a better job than myself. Anyway, onward toward today's "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS prompt, shall we?

For The Blogging Bliss.


1) I want to know what love is, and I want you to show me. I think everyone at some point in their life gets on a quest for this. It's a search for sharing, compatibility, and really, eventually should evolve into a contest over who makes the best sandwiches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loWXMtjUZWM

2) Drain you. I don't care what you think unless it's about me...actually, that's a lie. I do care what you think, but I'll probably never chew your meat for you. Unless we become birds, and I'm your parent bird. Ok, that's just weird. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=988Cst8qXGo

3) Stop, collaborate and listen. I think an important part of being a good conversationalist is also being a good listener. And having something interesting to talk about. Like how some people can ride one ripped-off guitar riff to success and fame for years and years, while I'm still ridin' the bus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-LNT1r6GRA

4) Confide with Sly. And for your mama, your papa, and your daughter, you'll do a little dance and then you'll drink a little water when I'm done. My socks will, however, stay on my feet where they belong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr_uHJPUlO8

5) Find the answer to one of life's most enduring and eternal questions. I think we're all put here for a reason. Sometimes I wonder what mine was. Then I think about this and remind myself that maybe I do have a purpose after all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He82NBjJqf8

Ladies and gentlemen, I hope I have accurately and sufficiently responded to this prompt in a satisfactory manner. It is with great pleasure that I now move on.

BCF PROMPT: "Tell us about a book you can read again and again without getting bored — what is it that speaks to you?"

One book that I can read over and over again? Besides the owner's manual of my old Sony 5-disc mini-system with high-speed dubbing from cd to cassette with programmable tracks? Cuz every damn time I made a mix-tape for anyone, I could never remember what sequence of buttons to press. And I did it often enough that you think I would've memorized it. *Rolleyes*

But if you're referring to a book published more for people who read actual books, let's go with The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger. I feel like I was one of the few kids (outside of every kid I sat through an English class with) who didn't have to read this in high school. It may have still been banned back then, actually. I first read it in my late 20's, and couldn't understand what was so bad about it...hell, I cut school from time to time and drank alcohol as a teenager...didn't a lot of us?

I know I'm going to have to read it again soon. I think what really pulled me in was everything Holden Caulfield did during his extraordinary journey...he's one of the few literary characters I've read where I really feel like I'm in his shoes, going along for the ride. I know metaphorically there's all kinds of other stuff going on, but because it's been so long since I've read it I'm not going to get into that. Very few books can hold my attention span for more than a few minutes...this was one I didn't want to put down.

Oh, and ladies, I'm forewarning you now in case any of you ever wind up carrying a child of mine and it happens to be a boy: first name, Holden; middle name, Caulfield. Believe that. *Delight*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

I had to wait like, 15 years for Chinese Democracy, and this was the best Axl could do for me? That's 15 years of my life I won't get back, Axl. *Angry*



VITAL STATS:

Wow...I, uhhh, got nothin' today, actually. Met a friend for lunch, hung out a little, and here I am. I'm sure I'll be all sortsa fun tomorrow though, once I get done with physical therapy *Smirk*. As for tonight I think I might head over to CVS and then home to watch a movie and try to get to bed (and sleep the whole night through) at a reasonable hour. As for all y'all, peace, wax chumps like a candle, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782210-This-ones-about-five-things-plus-oneor-two