*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782661-This-ones-about-busted-stuff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#782661 added May 14, 2013 at 3:09pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about busted stuff.
30DBC PROMPT "Do you have any scars? Tell us about them."

Good afternoon folks! How is everyone today? I hope you're all comfortable...because I'm about to upend that comfy-ness all over the place.

Do I have scars? How much time ya got? *Smirk*

Nah, I'll play nice. Sorta. I'll leave out all the emotional ones. I'm sure people have been bullied and picked on a lot more than I have (and I don't mean that in any minimizing kind of way). I'll skip the jagged scar on my back from having a birthmark removed (it's barely noticeable now anyway...it was about a inch and a half long though, and the birthmark itself had a tail growing inside me, which was starting to hurt...thankfully it wasn't cancerous). I'll move past the hernia scar I have from the surgery to patch it up in 2000, which is still kinda nasty but now just looks like a line between my belly and the rest of my midsection. I won't even bring up the scar from when I was moving a shelf that had over 500 cd cases on it...I forgot when I put it together there was a top half and a bottom half, so when I started dragging it, the top half became separated from the bottom and the bottom slid down my leg, taking about six inches of skin with it. And yet, that's the least painful of my scars.

In the interest of saying me and Windows 8 aren't having a good time with picture editing, and that I've spent way too much time trying to get these images up on WDC, I will warn you that I rated them "GC", just to be on the safe side. [Ed. Note: I had to change the entire rating of my blog to "GC" just to get these pics in. *Angry* ]

Here's an x-ray of the ankle I broke in December. Well, fractured, dislocated, tore ligaments, did everything short of destroy basically. Hopefully I didn't crop it too much. Mainly, you'll notice the seven screws. You probably won't see the torn up ligaments or the fracture, which is too bad. [Ed. Note: Notice the displacement of the ankle itself...the difference in space between the right side and the left side. They should almost "fit together" and be equidistant from the leg bones...and here they are not.]

The original x-ray of my ankle after surgery.


In order to get the plate in, they had to cut open both sides of my foot. One side healed nicely, and they didn't need to reopen it to get the two big screws out. [Ed. Note: This is what doctors call "beautiful".]

The inside of my left ankle.


The outside scar is the ugly one. Not only did it get infected after the first surgery, but that's where they went through during the second surgery to get the screws out. It's also a lot bigger...maybe twice the size of the other one. I'd say it's about 5-6 inches long. And I took it before the second set of stitches came out. It was hard getting a well-angled shot of it. [Ed. Note: The whitish part at the bottom of the scar is where the infection was. Is it obvious?]

The outside of my left ankle.


I guess if you're going to do crazy things like jump over a bonfire, you better learn to watch where and how you land. Tomorrow marks five months of this, and I still can barely walk.

BCF PROMPT: "Do you believe in ghosts, angels, or spirits?"

I'm pretty sure we had this prompt a few months ago in the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. [Ed. Note: "This one's about trivial trivia.]I don't believe my answer has changed. I really don't believe in any of that stuff. I can acknowledge that I have a slightly overactive imagination at times, and things happen that defy all logical reasoning and explanation, but ghosts, angels and spirits? No. No way. Uh-huh. Forget it. (Don't believe me? Skip to the 1:35 mark of this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3PFC86UNI.)

I just don't. I think we see too much of this crap on tv and in books and movies, and we automatically buy in. We believe what happens in fictional, made-up shit all too often and because we can't define it, we assume it's the work of some otherworldly power. In fact, I had a conversation with lktropuckr a few weeks ago about this. She claims her college's sorority house was haunted. "Why do these things happen when nobody is around, and there's no explanation for them?" she would say. Why? Because people watch too many damn horror flicks where creepy bastards lunge out at teenage girls in forests, and all the sudden nobody wants to go camping. Just like nobody went swimming at the beach in the late seventies after the movie "Jaws" came out. Let's get real...you're more likely to be eaten by a shark (a real, living, breathing thing) than be tripped up by Casper, The Friendly Ghost (a real cartoon, and crappy kids' movie)...and even less likely to be saved by anything if a homicidal maniac decides to come after you and your homies a la any of the "Scream", "Friday The 13th" or "Halloween" movies (or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXGxrCHE7Ts). Take it to the bank, and bring me back my change. *Smirk*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Oh, so many different places to go with this today...and I'll just go with something I probably posted years ago. It's all good...



VITAL STATS:

*Drbag* I've decided that I'd rather break my right shoulder two more times than rehab one broken ankle. Who feels me?

*Pizza* Going out for a real piece of pizza for dinner, and not the fake microwave Hot Pocket crap! *Delight*

*Ghost* I think my room is haunted!!

May, 2013.


I'm done with this, y'all. Gonna read up to see who else in the "Blogging Circle of Friends is sane normal not into ghosts and stuff, and listen to the pain and scarring of today's "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS entrants. Peace, put some 'tussin on it, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782661-This-ones-about-busted-stuff