*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782797-This-ones-about-the-boom-force
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#782797 added May 16, 2013 at 2:04pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the boom force.
30DBC PROMPT: "Thunderstorms. People tend to love ‘um, or hate ‘um. Which side are you on?"

Good afternoon readers, writers, and those who fall in-between (whatever that is). Short prompts mean short entries, at least for *Pointright*thisguy*Pointleft* it does. Nothing better than the simplification of complex thoughts, right? Just nod and agree.

While I disdain most every type of weather pattern and form of precipitation that isn't all-out associated with sunshine (and that includes you, wind, and the random high-low pressure systems), I don't mind a long, loud thunderstorm. That is, providing I'm not trying to sleep. And I'm inside. And I still have the ability to turn lights on or off. That's important, because although watching a thunderstorm in the dark can be equal parts fascinating, romantic and therapeutic, trying to find the fridge or the bathroom in the dark can sometimes be a pain in the ass.

But for my money (which isn't a lot, but that's not your problem), nothing, I say nothing, tops a thunderstorm complete with lightning while it's snowing. And I don't mean snowing as in, "Awww, let's go catch snowflakes on our tounges" snowing...I'm talkin', "Dammit, I can't see across the street", "shoveling six inches every half-hour before you go to bed only to shovel another two feet when you wake up" kind of snowstorm. There must be something with how the lightning reflects off the falling snow that makes it seem that much brighter and whiter. Especially when the roads are quiet. Everything just seems to be focused on the sky. It's almost, dare I say it, magical.

All that coming from someone who hates cold, snow, winter, and make-believe. *Smirk*

BCF PROMPT: "Star Trek or Star Wars?"

Uhhh, neither? Ok, that's totally not true. But before I divulge my answer, allow me to play devil's advocate and throw a third party into the fray: Lost In Space. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3yK77GWBbk

As odd as it seems, I remember some of my tv watching habits as a young boy in Cheektowaga. I was in awe of the "special effects" (I use that term loosely...it was the very early eighties, and I was probably six) that Star Trek employed. I may have even listed it as one of my favorite shows, not having any idea that it was around a lot longer than I was. I mean, who at that age really thought anything existed before they were born?

But then I went to a theater to see a Star Wars movie. I don't remember which one. May have been "The Empire Strikes Back", may have been "Return Of The Jedi". It doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm sure I'd seen other movies in theaters before that, but what George Lucas did effects-wise just blew me away. Even if I really didn't care about the story itself. I was a young boy, and I knew two things: talking robots are the shit, and Princess Leia is super friggin' hot.

So I guess that makes me more "Star Wars" than "Star Trek". And when Lucas re-issued the original Star Wars episodes maybe 10 or 15 years ago, I took my li'l bro to see one of them. But I'm not gonna pretend I'm some super-geek fan. I've yet to sit through Episodes I-III. And it's gonna take a real special lady to convince me I should (hint: dress like Leia and it'll help your cause, potential ex-girlfriends I haven't met yet).

And even though I don't remember much of the old Lost In Space tv show, I really think when I was a little kid I liked that better. But that's my opinion.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

*Lightning* If I have a guilty pleasure (ok, I have several), it's for that weird space in music that's in-between post-eighties synth pop and nineties grunge. *Lightning*



VITAL STATS:

*House* lktropuckr is on vacation...which means I may find myself house-sitting here and there, abusing her internet connection and raiding her fridge. Sounds like a weekend to me.

Like I said, I'm gonna keep it short today. Maybe read a little and see what else the day brings. Peace, may the force be with you, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782797-This-ones-about-the-boom-force