*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782943-This-ones-about-boo-kays-and-stupid
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#782943 added May 18, 2013 at 6:45pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about boo-kays and stupid.
30DBC PROMPT: "Write a short story or poem from the point of view of a wedding bouquet."

Hello, people. I still hate cats, and I hate this prompt, but the iconoclastic Brother Nature is fronting major props toward a successful entry. I myself would love to do the same, but I just spent my GP's on having three more months of this WDC thing.

But here will I stroke from the breast.

And so,
and so,
and so you come again.
Wringing your hands around my fate
just to throw me to the populous.
You better know better,
better before you don't.
The lingering doesn't stand a chance
outside of your chances.
Fling 'em in the air;
fling me like we don't care.
Your beauty is bigger than me.
You
You
Your beauty is.


Like it, or don't.

BCF PROMPT: "What's one of the stupidest things you've ever done?"

I really hope I'm not expected to answer this. Seems like I've made a career out of stupidiocity.

I do stupid things all the time, even with my better judgement applied. I think we all do, and I don't know of anyone who wishes to comment on them. But I'll try: writing prompt-based poems, and justifying it.

I admire other writers and bloggers who can squirt out an impressive poem based on a prompt. But that's not how I work. I don't even know how I work, but I know that's not how I work. Regular readers of this internetilliciousness know that by now. But I can't justify this prompt with one tale. I could write a whole 'nother blog full of stupid things I've done.

Please admire me for not having to stoop to that point though.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Just because I can.



And she's ridiculously beautiful. So there. *Smirk*

VITAL STATS:

*Pencil* I haven't read anything lately. I feel like I'm falling behind. My bad, y'all.

{e: uhhh, why isn't there a breakfast sandwich emoticon?? Or at least a bacon one?

And that's my cue to move away from the keyboard for now. Peace, hit the low notes, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782943-This-ones-about-boo-kays-and-stupid