*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783175-Losing-molecules
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#783175 added May 21, 2013 at 8:00pm
Restrictions: None
Losing molecules
Two co-workers and I are planning on going to the Pelican Cove Grill Friday evening to chill. This has been the longest year in the world to me. I am considering having a drink. In fact, I went as far as to Google how many glasses of wine I could have without increasing the likelihood of getting stopped. Being married to a Baptist preacher has not improved my drinking skills any.

I have determined that our principal is, in fact, scared of the parents. I have been suspecting it. Gossip says she is. One day last week I witnessed her refusal to come out of her office to conference with an upset parent. I had overheard the parent in the hall discussing the issue with her child. I thought she had a legitimate complaint - of course, I don't know the whole story. I happened to go into the principals office on an errand a moment later - the asst principal wanted me to return something she had borrowed. The office manager entered right behind me and told the principal "Mrs. So-and-so would like to speak with you." The principal's reply was for the office manager to tell the parent that she was tied up. Well, technically she was. She was talking to a teacher about typing programs for the upcoming Class Days for all the grades, which could have been postponed. This smacked of being fearful to me. I lost the little one molecule of respect I had for her that day, It seems kind of pathetic. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I feel sorry for her, though.


© Copyright 2013 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783175-Losing-molecules