*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783236-A-new-use-for-a-dime
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#783236 added May 22, 2013 at 10:00pm
Restrictions: None
A new use for a dime
My assistant principal thought something I did was funny today. I had never seen this particular action as amusing, more like necessary, but I'm glad I gave her some amusement. Every now and then, the ladies' room will get locked with nobody in there. I found out the first year I was there that you could take a dime and turn the little screw on the lock and it would open the door. The security guard we had at the time showed this to me. Well, it happened today. The assistant principal happened to be around when I was in the process of figuring out that nobody was in there and going to get the dime out of my purse. She thought this was hysterical. Ha! Whatever. It gets the job done.

I explained to her that our former principal had a developmentally delayed grown son. It was odd how the ladies' room door seemed to be locked a whole bunch of times while he wa s around, but since his mom retired and he has stopped coming into our building, it has stopped being an issue nearly as much. All I'm doing is making a connection, here. It's possible that I'm wrong. One of my co-workers observed that the school alarm doesn't go off nearly as much with him not around. Anyway, this was my explanation for knowing why a dime would open the locked ladies' room door. After she heard this, she realized that she may need to know it one day and got me to show her how to do it. So there!


© Copyright 2013 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783236-A-new-use-for-a-dime