*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783331-The-Perfomer-or-The-Audience
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#783331 added May 24, 2013 at 10:43am
Restrictions: None
The Perfomer or The Audience
The May 24, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Do you consider yourself the outgoing performer or the appreciative bystander? Why?

Do I consider myself the performer or the audience? That depends on the circumstances. If I attend an open mic poetry reading then I'm both the performer and the audience. If someone ask me about my spiritual path, I respond appropriately. I don't think it's possible to be just one or the other. There was a time in my life when I preferred to be the audience because I didn't think of myself as an outgoing person.

I still don't think of myself as an outgoing person, but I'm willing to be a performer if that's what the circumstances dictate. The only times it's not difficult for me to be the performer is at poetry readings and when I'm ask to read a scripture at at the nineteen-day Feast or a Holy Day celebration. At one time I was afraid of the microphone, but that isn't the case any more. I stopped being afraid of the microphone when someone suggested I think of it as a chocolate ice cream cone. That suggestion help me overcome my microphobia (fear of microphones); I can't be afraid of something that reminds me of a chocolate ice cream cone.

Microphobia
is not difficult to overcome
if I am looking at
a chocolate ice cream cone.

Thought of the Day: “There is no illusion greater than fear.” - Lao Tzu

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783331-The-Perfomer-or-The-Audience