*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783365-Summer-in-Las-Vegas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#783365 added May 25, 2013 at 1:52am
Restrictions: None
Summer in Las Vegas
The May 25, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
What are you most/least looking forward to about summer?

I don't like the triple digit temperatures of summer in Las Vegas. I don't enjoy getting out during the day in summer, but that's when I have to go to the doctor and take care of business. I can go to the grocery store at night and purchase gasoline at night; however, everything else I have to do during the day. The only exception to this is a picnic in the park.

Las Vegas has several parks with beautiful shade trees. I like to go to the park during the day and read or write poetry. I can take my lunch and sit at a table or under a tree. The parks are cool, beautiful, and a good place to spend a summer afternoon. Another good place is at a movie. I haven't been to a movie in a long time, so perhaps I'll go to a movie this summer.

This summer I have to find new thing to enjoy. I have to find activities I enjoy doing by myself because this is the first summer without Mom. I think I need to find a new restaurant because most of the restaurants I go to have memories of Mom. All thought, perhaps I don't need to find new restaurants; maybe the reason I enjoy going to a restaurant is because of the memories.

Memories
return with the food
a country fried steak
or a stack of hot cakes.

Memories
and food go together
create a pleasant experience.

What foods bring back
pleasant memories?
Ice cream,
watermelon,
mashed potatoes
with gravy,
and fried chicken
under a shade tree
in the park.

Thought of the Day: "Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it." - Russell Baker

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783365-Summer-in-Las-Vegas