*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783652-Head-Banging
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#783652 added May 28, 2013 at 6:34am
Restrictions: None
Head Banging
Whether the human body is a result of specific design or evolution is an ongoing debate, probably with no clear or satisfactory conclusion. I often contemplate various parts of human anatomy and wind up amazed/confused/hysterical/ horrified and sometimes disappointed. But I haven't the time or inclination to go down that road this morning.

The birds are singing at the tops of their voices despite the rain and gloomy skies and it makes me envious. If there's one thing I dislike about the human condition and which tends to make positivity a bit of a trial it's waking up in the morning. I've always been that way and I doubt things will ever change now. I think we'd be better off if we didn't need sleep in some respects, then we'd not have to restart each day, would avoid restless nights and bad dreams and have more time to pursue interests. As previously mentioned I always find it difficult to force myself to bed and after what seems like blinking, it's time to wake up again. That's when bad memories, dark thoughts and despair kick in for no apparent reason and I hate it. Why were we not designed with an on/off button for our brains so we could rest properly at night with no nightmares and an empty head on waking?

Anyway, this morning wasn't quite as bad as I'm supposedly going over to my sister's for a few days. The plan was that I would go on the train while hubby played golf, but we all know about plans don't we? In the meantime our son has developed another dose of severe tonsillitis and Mey Ling is at the hospital for a check up on the baby and there's a chance they may keep her in. As it's pimply sissing down golf has been abandoned so it looks like a case of picking up the grand monsters and taking them over in the car to sis's for the time being. Why is nothing in life straightforward? *Rolleyes*

I should be staying with sis until Friday. On Saturday it's Mey Ling's burpday and the plan was to take them all out for a meal, then the Mugs here would look after the children overnight while Paul and Mey Ling have a quiet evening out. That doesn't leave a great deal of time to pack before flying to Menorca next Monday, but who knows what could happen before then?

It also turns out that not one, but two of my friends will be holidaying in Menorca with their husbands at the same time as us. Suggestions to meet for lunch/dinner/drinks/trips/evenings out are not being well received by hubby as he's not the most sociable creature at the best of times and as we have booked an all inclusive hotel, he's complaining about not being willing to pay to eat out when it's all free at the hotel. Already I'm feeling agitated and worried about hurting other's feelings and we haven't even gone yet. As I said before why is nothing straightforward and why can't I take my head off or switch my brain off so I'm not concerned about anything for a while?

I suspect a few bottles and cans with sis tonight may calm the brain cell, but sadly the thick head tomorrow morning may not be appreciated. Oh well. Another case of Que Sera and taking one day at a time.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783652-Head-Banging