*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785005-Packing-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#785005 added May 23, 2014 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
Packing Again
It's hard to believe last Sunday we were packing up our cases to return home, then sighing at leaving the beautiful view of Menorca from our balcony.

Today I'm packing again for a five day break in Folkestone with my sister. The weather forecast is pretty grim, but we'll make the most of our trip I'm sure. Duck umbrellas were the first thing to go in our cases.

Folkestone in Kent is where sis and I spent many childhood holidays as our Mum's sister and her husband lived there. It will be a trip down memory lane for sure and we plan on visiting as many old haunts as we can. We also hope to be meeting a WDC member who has been a supportive friend to me for many years. Yet another online friendship that hopefully will become a reality over lunch and vino.

I hope all the Dads and Granddads out there have enjoyed a special Father's Day. I need no reminder to remember my own Dad (and Mum) as there's not a day goes by that I don't think of them.

It's been a day of mixed emotions with the whole family here today. Little Bobby has slept through most of it, but did open an eye now and again to check on proceedings. I was saddened to receive news my first boss and brilliant Headmaster of the school I worked at passed away this morning. He was 90 and I'm pleased my friend Gillian and I got to take him out for a meal last year for his birthday. A sad Father's Day for his family indeed. But the cycle of life is ever turning and there's nothing we can do about that.

So, time to finish the packing and hopefully chill out for a few days. No doubt there'll be plenty of mishaps and laughs as well as much overindulgence. *Blush*

Diet and sensible regime to resume next weekend. In theory anyway.





© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785005-Packing-Again