*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785489-Mixtures
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#785489 added August 9, 2013 at 2:00pm
Restrictions: None
Mixtures
Had a really good time with sis in Folkestone. We visited all the places we'd planned on without a hitch and shared our mixed emotions of memories from the past over many bottles of vino. *Blush* Well, we don't get to spend enough time together and it was a special celebration we'd looked forward to for a long time.

Considering the weather so far this year we were quite fortunate on the whole with a couple of fine days and a mixture of sunshine, cloud, wind, mist and rain.

We'd decided to indulge in as much non English food as possible so enjoyed eating out at Chinese, Italian, Mexican and Indian restaurants. We will not be stepping on scales for a while, but diets will be resumed as soon as possible.

As well as looking up old haunts, visiting the homes and final resting place of our beloved aunt and uncle, walking for miles and overindulging we had the added pleasure of spending a lovely afternoon with WDC member Joanna Hills in Hythe nearby. It's a lovely place to live and she and her delightful companion Byron the dog were great company. Another online friendship turned to reality.

But now it's back to routine and humdrum, though you know I'm not one to complain.*Wink* I'm grateful for the experiences we shared and slightly comforted that it's now Wimbledon fortnight. Sadly, we failed to acquire any tickets this year, but considering the weather it may be best to watch it on television as I have a feeling we may be seeing a lot of the covers.


© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785489-Mixtures