*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785115-What-I-have-been-doing
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#785115 added June 18, 2013 at 9:14pm
Restrictions: None
What I have been doing
I have been helping my husband clean out the garage. I give myself a gold star. Haha!

I also rearranged all my books, which took a while. Actually I am not through YET, but I am at a stopping point and I sent a whole bunch to donate to the public library: 4 bags! I have a couple of second-hand book stores I shop at, plus the town library has a book sale table, so I tend to pick up a lot of things that I don't wind up wanting to keep, so I donate them right back. Recycling at its best.

A couple of weeks ago when my husband was gone, I took a whole bunch of his old musty stuff I knew he wouldn't miss and donated it also. Heh heh! He hasn't missed it! Not one molecule.

I spent the afternoon with my mother and new stepfather. Okay, get this: when they got married and bought a house, my mother let us move into the house she had been living in, which she still owns. My stepfather still hasn't sold the house he was living in when they got married in October, plus he has a house that he rents out, the one he lived in when he was married and raising kids. That's four houses! Four! Plus, my mother has decided she is not happy in the house they bought, so they are buying a house over here near us, in the neighborhood she feels comfortable in. They signed the paperwork the other day, but it will take a few weeks for the closing to take place. That's five houses! My mother ain't right.

I am about to go to the grocery store. Wish me luck. My daughter wants to go. I hope she doesn't go to begging me for this and that.

© Copyright 2013 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785115-What-I-have-been-doing