*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798488-Return-to-Oz
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#798488 added November 22, 2013 at 11:25am
Restrictions: None
Return to Oz
As you can see, I have once again upgraded my account and returned to Blogville. The place I work for has actually un-blocked WdC after having blocked it for a year, which is unusual for them, so here I sit during a free hour making my reentry. It was kind of nice to read back through to the beginning of my blog this morning - it has been locked up for five months.

Thanksgiving Holidays start today as soon as we get out of school and we don't return until my birthday (of all days!), December 2. I am as ready as possible for 9 days away from work. I don't have anything planned except to spend time with my family. We all converge on our house most evenings, too tired to do much more than eat supper and stare at the TV for a few moments before falling in the bed. It will be good to lie abed in the mornings, snuggling with my two little dogs.

Our Thanksgiving celebration next Thursday will be a little bit different. Usually my personal family and my mother are together. Last year my mom had just gotten married so my stepfather was added to the mix. This year my stepbrother is moving here from Houston. This is my stepbrother from my other stepfather: the one that died five years ago. My mom was married to this guy for 23 years, so my stepbrother feels more related to us than he does to his own family, including his full brother. Also, my current stepfather's daughter-in-law and grandchildren are coming. Pretty odd for someone who grew up with the only child status. One good thing about it: there will be more people to help cook. All my mother will have to do is cook the turkey and the ham - we are all bringing the trimmings.

I'm looking forward to it, and to blogging about it as well.

© Copyright 2013 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798488-Return-to-Oz