*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785255-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#785255 added June 21, 2013 at 10:34am
Restrictions: None
Friday
Better get this started, just in case. I never know how the schedule for work is going to go, and this last week has been a wonderful example of how much time can get sucked up. Between problems at work, problems with employees, being short on help, and my normal duties, I have not had any time to do much of anything except work. Of course, work for me has two parts, my job as a security guard, on the clock and on the site, and my job as the security manager which requires work from home, driving back and forth, and time on site, but all of it off the clock.


This week I put in over forty hours of paid work, and I bet about twenty of unpaid. It hardly seems worth it if it was just the money, but it is more, luckily. Tuesday was suppose to be a day to get caught up on things, so that I would have free time before work on Wednesday through Friday.

Instead, I got about half of my stuff done Tuesday before work, and thought I would finish it on Wednesday. Then some problems cropped up, and I spent the entire day working from home until evening when my shift started. Thursday I had an interview to give, and being so short on help and having a good interview with the person, I decided to get things going for his hire and training.

It isn't like I have a long line of applicants to interview and choose from, so I spent the day doing an interview, paperwork, and faxes. Then I went to work, know I would have a full weekend, and not much time again till Tuesday. Of course, with a new hire, I will have to revise the schedule and do some training, too.

The other new person we are training in is having some private problems and this is holding her up some in her training. Also, she was on schedule to work today, so I would at least have today to relax and get a little done before working tonight. But, she needs to attend a funeral, so I will cover her shift and Rhonda will pick up mine on top of hers.

So, a little time tonight, if the training schedule I submitted is approved by the company we provide security for, since they do the first six hours of training. If it is not approved, I can work on setting things up for next week but will have the new hire training under the guy who is working himself right out of a job.

Now, I have this going, I have to get ready for work and hopefully I will be back by six tonight to get something done, either for work, or better yet, for me.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785255-Friday