*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785491-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#785491 added June 24, 2013 at 3:55pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
It's Monday and I'm not working a ten hour day? What's up with that?

It's like this, we have a new hire training today, and he is working the double coverage so i don't have to go in till later. He will also test today if all goes well, and should be able to work a few nights for me this week, too.

So, I now find myself with a little more time than I have had in a month or better. Not that it's free time, I have so much to catch up on, but it's a bit more time just the same. I used some of it to update the schedule and send some paperwork, then I got online and looked about, then in here and seen I had a ticket for a raffle.

It was gifted to me, which is very nice. So, I decided I would like to buy a few tickets and gift them. The only problem is, i don't have a clue how. I need to get in here and do something more than just write in my blog, that's for certain. I did post that I wanted to buy five tickets and donate them to five newbies, picked at random. Now, hopefully someone explains how I do that, so I can send the gift points and get tickets out for some soon to be surprised new members.

I also have to go down to the garden and pick my lovely wife a nice carnation. They have opened and look very nice, so I'm hoping I can get one picked and put in water for her to find when she gets home. Not for any other reason than because she is wonderful and I want to say think you for being you. Of course, I will put that down on a nice loittle note with the flower.

Then, I will head in to work, talk to her for a few minutes, and she will come home, find the flower and the note, and have a big smile. We had a busy month, and she has been great. We had a trying weekend, but it turned out fun for all involved. Not much sleep, but it was a nice break from the normal routine.

I have also worked the schedule to get her a day off on Friday. It would be nice if I could get her a day off sooner, but not with the training and new help. Soon I hope, we can hire one more person to work temp for the summer and then we both can have a couple of days off each week. Yes, on the same days even.

For now, though, it's just one day off for her this week, and maybe by next week, I can get one myself. Even so, I did get my hours back under forty, and I did get away from the real long shifts. So, even though I do not have a day off yet, it will seem like a break just working less hours.

Now, if there are no other problems to crop up and mess things up, this could turn into a very nice week.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785491-Monday