*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785622-Rights
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#785622 added June 27, 2013 at 6:47am
Restrictions: None
Rights

People are born into this world; either by the right of their parents, by the abuse of one person upon another, by ignorance, by recklessness - or disregard of action - by one or both of the partners, and even artificially.

Once born, this person is assumed to have rights, or is that presumed ?

There are those who would immediately start a discussion on when and where 'rights' start.

For this story to go on, it will be when a person has an own voice; assuming the baby is born with a voice and normal in all functions.

This has be assumed, otherwise a new story has to start which will concern the rights of the person who cannot, for whatever reason, not voice his or her own rights.

Without training, and by some inborn wisdom, the baby will start to insist on rights.

"I am hungry, feed me, or wet, or feeling alone, or ill ..."

Somehow Mother Nature has imprinted all into the baby and the world around this baby will react.

Then baby will grow into adulthood and all along the way insist on all its rights as the normal course of being.

And the parents and society will guide and nurture this new adult into a well balanced, educated, responsible ...

Stop here for a moment - for we are assuming, or is that presuming again.

Let us ask, for by now we are all on the same page (maybe) and know that we should ask.

Assume and presume both mean to take something for granted as true (among their many other definitions). The difference is in the degree of certainty. A presumption is usually more authoritative than an assumption. To presume is to make an informed guess based on reasonable evidence, while to assume is to make a guess based on little or no evidence. (Grammarist.com)

The reader may have noted that the writer is using 'we' rather reckless, it is on the assumption that we agree.

This is about RIGHTS.

One may ask this question about rights -
Where do rights come from?
and a possible answer may be -
From the soul. -

As this is what makes us different from animals. Animals is the definitive for all of nature.

Animals do not argue about their rights, animals take those rights as they have to, or perish.

Man can adapt. argue, even change for some reason, yet, to survive, man must respect the rights of the society as seen at that moment in time.

When man starts to change rights to suit a situation or society, a force will be well aware of such changes, and eventually someone or something will change the course back to the correct way by some intervention.

This is history, and even as we are here in this moment, the world and people are changing the course of history, to a better, brighter tomorrow.

This we hope as right thinking people - for else - we have to start all over again.



I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire, (Attributed); originated in "The Friends of Voltaire", 1906, by S. G. Tallentyre (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)


(Thanks to CB for the reminder of this quote, as better men has penned much more on this subject.)

I would like us to reach an agreement before we resort to violence - re; The French Revolution.


© Copyright 2013 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785622-Rights