*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785937-Im-a-Very-Busy-Person
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#785937 added May 23, 2014 at 11:59am
Restrictions: None
I'm a Very Busy Person
Blink...another week almost over and little to show for it. Days pass in a blur; some full of activity, some a waste of make up, but c'est la vie. I'm just grateful to survive each one.

I've seen friends, been supermarket shopping, had a reflexology session, a day in Nottingham and been on a group walk. That was one day I was particularly thankful to survive as what was described as 'a short slope' at the start of the walk turned out to be a sheer mountain face by my standards. I admit to being a fair weather, flat walker by choice, but did manage the climb with few ill effects and the rain that joined us for the latter part of the walk is something we can't control. An enjoyable day on the whole.

I've seen some of the tennis from Wimbledon on television. Some predictable, some shocks, but am pleased our young Laura Robsen has done so well. The other Brit is not amongst my favourites, but I better be gracious and hope he can win this year.

None of this gets any work done in the house or garden or leaves spare time for writing and other leisure pursuits. I often long for a stretch of time with nothing or little on the agenda, but it never seems to arrive. Or maybe I just fill up the spaces on the calendar as an avoidance strategy.

The weather is still far from summery, although we were promised a much warmer day yesterday. On the strength of the forecast we decided on a barbecue for son and family, but the forecasters neglected to inform us it would be blowing a gale too. Still, we managed and at least the kids got to play outside for a change. Bobby decided to stay indoors in his Moses basket and stuck to milk rather than burgers, but he's doing well and finding his voice now as well as developing his own little quirks. He's not keen on bath time as yet and his post bathing expressions are quite scary. He reminds me of a sulky mini Winston Churchill.

Another busy week ahead including a funeral, seeing friends, another long walk, a birthday celebration, a supermarket trip of course and the rest I leave to fate. I predict the house and garden will remain neglected however, but one day at a time and all that.








© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785937-Im-a-Very-Busy-Person